Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

One Week in India: Mumbai, Amritsar, Agra/Taj Mahal, Jaipur and Delhi | CX and EY J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One Week in India: Mumbai, Amritsar, Agra/Taj Mahal, Jaipur and Delhi | CX and EY J

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2018, 1:58 pm

Programs: Skymiles Plat/1MM, United Prem, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
A wonderful TR with many awesome photos - THE shot of the Taj was outstanding but the ones of the dogs, bee and other creatures were the favorites. Thanks so much for posting
Old Mar 15, 2018, 7:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by fotographer
Truly a wonderful trip report, I am glad that you enjoyed your trip. My wife and I have been to most of the places you have, but alas, even though my handle here is fotographer, it seems that is the last thing I want to do when we travel. I am glad you did take pictures, dont know how you still have time to enjoy the visit, let me know how you do it,
Thanks. I find half the fun of the trip being photography. I don't carry around a ton of lenses and the tripod only comes out with me during sunrise/sunset if needed. Otherwise, the 60D with just one lens isn't too much of a hassle to carry.

Originally Posted by clipper.fortune
We are doing the same trip in two weeks. Could you just email me this trip report. It has so much good information in it, but it is difficult to digest in this forum.
I am at [email protected]

I hope I am not breaking any rules here !! Thanks,
Thanks. Hope you enjoy your trip. This is the only place I have it posted currently unfortunately.

Originally Posted by lb8001
A wonderful TR with many awesome photos - THE shot of the Taj was outstanding but the ones of the dogs, bee and other creatures were the favorites. Thanks so much for posting
Thanks!
Old Mar 15, 2018, 3:03 pm

Colourful just as I remembered India. Your stomach must have been super strong to take on that street food!
Old Mar 21, 2018, 10:25 am

Programs: Aeroplan Airmiles AMEX-MR Alaska Airlines
thanks for sharing the TR. happy to see you surviving the street food.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hkskyline
Colourful just as I remembered India. Your stomach must have been super strong to take on that street food!
Originally Posted by injian
thanks for sharing the TR. happy to see you surviving the street food.
Thank you to both of you. I survived the street food, however, my stomach wasn't exactly pleased with it for a few days after coming home.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by ChiefNWA
Thanks DanielW. The Pakistan side was a bit more tame than India. They had one kid (teenager) doing some kind of dance for most of the "pre-show". They didn't have the flag running and the crowd didn't appear to be as patriotic as India's side. The guards appeared equally energetic during the ceremony though.
Just came back from Wagah, quite a spectacle! It was the Pakistan Day weekend so the locals were definitely very vocal. Standing room only in the stadium too. I had tried to go the day before and arrived at 2:30pm but they were already turning people away!
Old Mar 29, 2018, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DanielW
Just came back from Wagah, quite a spectacle! It was the Pakistan Day weekend so the locals were definitely very vocal. Standing room only in the stadium too. I had tried to go the day before and arrived at 2:30pm but they were already turning people away!
A spectacle it sure was! I'm looking forward to your take on it as from the Indian side (where I was sitting), it was very hard to see anything going on over on the Pakistani side (I assume you were on that side, not India's?), not to mention I couldn't hear anything from over there.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by ChiefNWA
A spectacle it sure was! I'm looking forward to your take on it as from the Indian side (where I was sitting), it was very hard to see anything going on over on the Pakistani side (I assume you were on that side, not India's?), not to mention I couldn't hear anything from over there.
Yes, just from the Pakistan side. Plenty of Pakistan Zindabad and Allahu Akbar being shouted out.

Old Jan 1, 2020, 10:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Was excited to view this, but alas it appears all the photos are unavailable. Perhaps it's just a permissions issue you could fix on SmugMug?
Old Jan 1, 2020, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RandomBaritone
Was excited to view this, but alas it appears all the photos are unavailable. Perhaps it's just a permissions issue you could fix on SmugMug?
Hmm, looks like I was still using another host service when I did this report. I'll work on editing the posts (and other reports now too) so that it references Smugmug.

Otherwise, the report is available here.
RandomBaritone likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 2:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Excellent, I’ll look at the other link.

Your photos are truly exceptional. I traveled to Chernobyl myself this past summer and wrote about it for The Boston Globe, but I fear your photos put mine to shame.

Just realized that since this is an India thread, I should also link to my India album. At some point I’ll make it into a TR of my own!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.