Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

One Week in India: Mumbai, Amritsar, Agra/Taj Mahal, Jaipur and Delhi | CX and EY J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One Week in India: Mumbai, Amritsar, Agra/Taj Mahal, Jaipur and Delhi | CX and EY J

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2018, 11:01 am

Oh.. such an intriguing travel.. did I mention your picture of Taj is truly wonderful.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 4:23 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, Hyatt Prive, Hilton Impressario, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Roswood Elite, MO Fan Club
I'm Indian and I truly enjoyed this trip report

You travelled the way I recommend any tourist to travel in India - visit the sights, take in the atmosphere, mingle with the locals, travel in rickshaws and indulge in lots and lots of Indian food

Of course, your photographs are truly marvellous

Thanks
Old Mar 9, 2018, 1:09 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium
Thanks for a great trip report from you. Your photos are fantastic!
Old Mar 9, 2018, 3:05 am

Great TR, beautiful pic.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 5:40 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Wow, what a wonderful trip ^ Thank you for sharing, I loved the photos!!!
Old Mar 9, 2018, 12:41 pm

Very nice trip report. Every picture was excellent. Did you do a lot of post processing?
Old Mar 9, 2018, 3:28 pm

Would love to go to India. So you did not get sick like so many people say they do? I never thought of Amritsar. Thanks.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 9:01 pm

Programs: DL Diamond; Marriott Titanium
That is an inspiring trip report, thanks for sharing.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 9:46 am

This is the best trip report in as long as I can remember. The boring monotony of LH First and EK Suites and SQ Suites is so routine at this points, that it's beyond dull. This is genuinely inspiring and amazing--which is what I think a trip report should be. So, thank you for taking the time to put this all together.
kosy91 likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 10:18 pm

Another great TR, ChiefNWA. The Wagah border ceremony looks like quite a spectacle! Was the Pakistan side as excited as the Indian side?

India was my first place to visit that was slightly adventurous, so was great reliving some of the experience with your trip report.
kosy91 likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by introspection
wonderful trip report and excellent pics!
Thank you.

Originally Posted by aquamarinesteph
Wow! Great trip report & fantastic photos! The food pictures made me so hungry! :-)
Thanks, I think it's important to include the food in these reports, it gives people some ideas on things to try when they travel.

Originally Posted by offerendum
Very enjoyable read and watch^
THanks, glad you enjoyed it.

Originally Posted by zip10001
Fantastic report! It makes me consider India for an upcoming trip.
How did you feel about the poverty level? (Apologies if I offense anyone)
Honestly, it wasn't as bad as I expected. Sure, there are a lot of beggars (lots of kids too), but if you've ever traveled anywhere else similarly, it shouldn't bother you too much. Unfortunately, it's just reality in some places.

Originally Posted by NDtraveler
Great report! We did pretty much the exact same sights you did except for Amritsar. That looked like quite the experience!
@zip10001 nothing can prepare you for the poverty you will see.
If you ever return, a trip to Amritsar is certainly needed.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GuyCCU83
Oh.. such an intriguing travel.. did I mention your picture of Taj is truly wonderful.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by kosy91
I'm Indian and I truly enjoyed this trip report

You travelled the way I recommend any tourist to travel in India - visit the sights, take in the atmosphere, mingle with the locals, travel in rickshaws and indulge in lots and lots of Indian food

Of course, your photographs are truly marvellous

Thanks
Thanks, traveling with locals this time definitely made the trip more enjoyable. Not to mention, it made it much cheaper than I would've accomplished by myself.

Originally Posted by nequine
Thanks for a great trip report from you. Your photos are fantastic!
Thanks for the kind words.

Originally Posted by ek97
Great TR, beautiful pic.
Thanks

Originally Posted by Madone59
Wow, what a wonderful trip ^ Thank you for sharing, I loved the photos!!!
Thanks, glad you enjoyed.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by farbster
Very nice trip report. Every picture was excellent. Did you do a lot of post processing?
I shoot everything in RAW and process everything through Lightroom. Some pictures I spend more time on than others, but for the most part it's just some white balance corrections, cropping, leveling and some other minor fixes.

Originally Posted by Bretteee
Would love to go to India. So you did not get sick like so many people say they do? I never thought of Amritsar. Thanks.
I did come down with a bit of a stomach problem after returning for a few days. 41 countries later and that's the first time that's happened.

Originally Posted by HLT1904
That is an inspiring trip report, thanks for sharing.
Thanks,

Originally Posted by MattEvan
This is the best trip report in as long as I can remember. The boring monotony of LH First and EK Suites and SQ Suites is so routine at this points, that it's beyond dull. This is genuinely inspiring and amazing--which is what I think a trip report should be. So, thank you for taking the time to put this all together.
Thank you for the kind words.

Originally Posted by DanielW
Another great TR, ChiefNWA. The Wagah border ceremony looks like quite a spectacle! Was the Pakistan side as excited as the Indian side?

India was my first place to visit that was slightly adventurous, so was great reliving some of the experience with your trip report.
Thanks DanielW. The Pakistan side was a bit more tame than India. They had one kid (teenager) doing some kind of dance for most of the "pre-show". They didn't have the flag running and the crowd didn't appear to be as patriotic as India's side. The guards appeared equally energetic during the ceremony though.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 5:26 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Truly a wonderful trip report, I am glad that you enjoyed your trip. My wife and I have been to most of the places you have, but alas, even though my handle here is fotographer, it seems that is the last thing I want to do when we travel. I am glad you did take pictures, dont know how you still have time to enjoy the visit, let me know how you do it,
Old Mar 13, 2018, 12:21 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus Gold
Same Trip in Two Weeks

We are doing the same trip in two weeks. Could you just email me this trip report. It has so much good information in it, but it is difficult to digest in this forum.
I am at [email protected]

I hope I am not breaking any rules here !! Thanks,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.