Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Last TG flight out of IKA and a lot of fantastic کباب کوبیده

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2018, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Last TG flight out of IKA and a lot of fantastic کباب کوبیده

When TG suddenly decided to give up on the BKK IKA route they gave me a choice: cut my trip to IKA short or find my own way to DXB and fly home from there.

One way fares on short notice in the ME were out of my budget so I just decided to skip nowruz (bummer) and fly back to BKK on the last TG IKA BKK flight.

Empty flight.

On the upside, flight didn't run out of booze this time. I swear, when flying with Persians (IKA still has prohibition) it's like a big keggers party in the sky.

Backstreets of Charbagh

a mad dog flies overhead, on final to THR

I love the food.

I wonder how airasia is doing with their KUL IKA route. TG was always more attractive and priced competively yet it didn't last too long.

I will miss this TG route but hey, maybe I'll get to finally try one of the ME3.

Last edited by frobozzelectric; Mar 9, 2018 at 3:51 am Reason: added pic
Old Mar 3, 2018, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Wow! Great pics. Sorry about routing - hope you can return to ME on an easy route. I love all TRs involving Iran.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
The food is really interesting!
Old Mar 5, 2018, 11:13 pm

BKK-IKA flights always seemed a bit of a head scratcher to me. I guess TG now realizes this also.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 11:40 pm
Original Poster

IKA vacations

I always enjoy my trips to .ir since I have friends there that also speak my language.

However, for others who don't have local contacts or hold passports which .ir does not generally welcome, it really can be a difficult place to visit, and it can be quite expensive too even if the IRR is weak right now.

I get visa on arrival but have to shell out 86USD.

Tourism infrastructure is not really there, the city is huge and without a car that metro will really test your stamina.

But the people are so kind and farsi isn't so difficult to learn. The weather is lovely right now and I plan to visit again in the future.

Life in Tehran is nowhere near what many news outlets would have us believe. Yes it's dry but people still find a way to have a good time.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 7:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP
great stuff and photos to share. I'm scheduled to go on a 8 night tour starting in mid-April. Super excited for it, just waiting on passport/visa to get back in time.
Henry
Old Mar 13, 2018, 8:28 am
Original Poster

excited for you

it will be a very memorable week+.

maybe you'll tell us about it too.

Old Mar 22, 2018, 2:28 am
Original Poster

and now this?!

i don't even...

i missed norouz to be on the "last flight" out which in fact was not the last flight after all.

is this hee hawing just TG or do other outfits act like this too sometimes?

i feel kinda bamboozled.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.