Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A visit to Beijing and the original Wall via Delta One on the A350

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2018, 9:12 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by jmj9905
I am not a Delta flyer . In fact I am a LT Plat with AA. However, when i fly international to Asia it is either CX or JL. Their F product is so superior to any american airline that it amazes me that people chose to fly an american carrier to Asia. YMMV.
I agree with you to a point. I cannot argue the fact that any true international F product is better than a hybrid J product. I cannot argue that airlines such as CX or JL have superior soft products. But, my biggest pet peeve with international airlines, especially Asian carriers, is that it is always stupidly hot in the cabin. I hate stewing in sweat for 10+ hours. And a lot of Asian carriers don't have the helpful overhead air vents, like you would find on many American based birds. American carriers always leave the cabin a warm, but better temperature. For that reason alone, I would much prefer to "suffer" in Delta One than get broiled in CX F.

OP: Excellent report. I love SRQ. It's where my folks live. Easily one of my favorite airports to fly out of, especially since they installed the DD right up the escalator from check in. For someone living in Seattle for years, it was a welcome respite from the crap Starbucks serves. And even better that private security serves the checkpoint. So it always seems like those folks are almost always in a good mood and don't treat you like the smurforce in most airports.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 10:35 am

Programs: SQ Gold, AF Platinum, AA Platinum (sadly, expiring soon), QR Silver, EK, MU, HU, PR, HO, OZ, KE
UnionPay is the bank card network in China, every bank card is on it. Out of the payment options you’re also missing Alipay, which is the Chinese PayPal.
See you in OKA in a few more days!
Old Nov 17, 2018, 3:30 pm

Programs: DL MM 3.2, DM; UAL; AAL
I am on the DTW/PEK flight next weekend looking forward to it. What a great summary of the Delta service and insight into Beijing, op.

.I think I had heard a while back that they discontinued the pajamas — is that true?
Old Nov 17, 2018, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DLDMFLL
I am on the DTW/PEK flight next weekend looking forward to it. What a great summary of the Delta service and insight into Beijing, op.

.I think I had heard a while back that they discontinued the pajamas — is that true?
Thanks. As for the PJs question, that would be best posed for the folks in the Delta forum.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 5:59 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
China was worth the wait . Thanks for sharing ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.