OMG... Emirates New First Class Suites, the world's best First Class cabin

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OMG... Emirates New First Class Suites, the world's best First Class cabin

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2018, 12:41 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Really nice review as ever - saves me a job- I’m booked Dxb gva 8-15 April can’t wait
Old Feb 23, 2018, 4:12 am

Programs: Meh
For the first time in a long time, I said Wow about air travel.
The likes of BA must be looking at this and saying time to stop offering F.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Climbing out over Brussels on our way to Dubai.

Getting ready for showtime, a huge pull out tray table.

Our cabin crew prepped the cabin for service and our FA delivered a snack basket.

... drinks and nuts.

Today's menu...

... and amazing wine list.

Showtime, Emirates-style.

I started with the delicious Lamb Medallions with Balsamic Glaze, minted couscous and asparagus.

And the fabulous and huge fresh seasonal salad.

For my main, I chose the Poached Salmon with horseradish, sautéed vegetables and steamed potatoes with dill.

I was so full after dinner, I passed on dessert... although this doesn't count, right?

Another cool feature of the suite is complete privacy with ceiling to floor doors, with a small door so your flight attendant can serve food or drinks without opening the main door.

There are two lavs at the front of the cabin for 6 First Class Suites.

Simply gorgeous.

With a serve yourself snack cart, just in case you're hungry on your way back to your suite. Ha.

By the time I got back to my suite, my fully made bed.

Amazingly comfortable.

After a 90 minute nap, on descent to DXB.

Here are those suite color options, pretty cool at night.

More incredilbe live HD views as we land.

After a short taxi, we pulled into our arrival gate, or rather our arrival stand.

Although pretty convenient with a dedicated, luxurious bus for only First Class passengers.

Now that's a bus.

A few minutes later, our bus dropped us off at the tarmac entrance to the B gates.

What an amazing day. Emirates has raised the bar for luxury travel with what they call a Game Changer. It is all that and more. This is the absolute best First Class cabin in the sky. Unfortunately, Emirates only flies this on two routes at the moment and have firm plans for a limited conversion of its 77W fleet. Hopefully, they will change their strategy and implement a more aggressive expansion.

For more pics and an HD version of this report including the amazing inflight segment, please visit SFO777.com.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rosensfole
It does look amazing SFO777 and thanks for the report - as ever you describe the product so well. I'll have to try it one day but SQs new suite is one I really want to try first. I agree that the AF all round product is still hard to beat, I find the hard onboard product just so refined and relaxing. I'm afraid I'd be too distracted on this one
Thank you very much rosenfole. Agree with you on wanting to try the new SQ suite. Decisions, decisions... definitely first world problems.

Originally Posted by Seat 2A
I should have known you'd be the first amongst us to review this fine product, SFO777, and that's a good thing. ^ What a great collection of photos documenting the trip. I should imagine this is one trip Mrs. SFO777 is sorry she missed.
Thanks so much Seat 2A. Mrs. SFO777 would have loved the suite but only if it was going where she wanted to go. She's happy to let me "fly to nowhere" as she likes to call it.

Originally Posted by ROCruiser
Wow! Thanks for sharing.
Originally Posted by cairns
Thanks so much for sharing....one of these days!
Originally Posted by CosmosHuman
MrsSFO777 is missing out on this wonderful journey. Beautiful suite and the food looks delicious.
Thank you ROCruiser, cairns and CosmosHuman.
Originally Posted by m3red
Really nice review as ever - saves me a job- I’m booked Dxb gva 8-15 April can’t wait
Thanks m3red. You are going to love it!

Originally Posted by stevie
For the first time in a long time, I said Wow about air travel.
The likes of BA must be looking at this and saying time to stop offering F.
Thank you stevie. Indeed a Wow. The cabin crew was pretty amused pre-flight as we walked around the cabin in awe taking pics.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 9:16 am

Programs: AA EXP Marriott Ambassador
Hey great TR as always!...apologies if this was already mentioned but was this trip done on any type of award ticket or was this a out of pocket cash trip?
Old Feb 23, 2018, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by kcmd
Hey great TR as always!...apologies if this was already mentioned but was this trip done on any type of award ticket or was this a out of pocket cash trip?
no reward seats available on the “new”F
Old Feb 23, 2018, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kcmd
Thanks very much kcmd. It was a paid ticket although I used Amex Pay With Points (and received my 50% rebate).
You can get the one way for as "little" as $3,458 in A class. If you combine it with a discounted Y return, you can get that down to under $3K.
I've not seen any indication that EK is releasing award seats on either of the new First flights.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 10:08 pm

Programs: AA; Delta GM
Great trip report! The suites are amazing, but that's the nicest looking airport bus that I've ever seen!
Old Feb 24, 2018, 9:04 am

6 hours is too short to enjoy the space, isn't it?

I thought they would have provided individual Mercedes transfers for F passengers, although that bus looks pretty sleek.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by hkskyline

I thought they would have provided individual Mercedes transfers for F passengers, although that bus looks pretty sleek.
It’s supposed to be an sclass pick up in Dxb - will see...
Old Feb 24, 2018, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aquamarinesteph
Great trip report! The suites are amazing, but that's the nicest looking airport bus that I've ever seen!
Thanks very much aquamarinesteph.

Originally Posted by hkskyline
It’s supposed to be an sclass pick up in Dxb - will see...
It is? On select flights or all flights? I've only ever had the bus. Certainly nice enough but still a bus. Also got the bus on our connecting flight to AMM.
aquamarinesteph likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 10:16 am

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Originally Posted by aquamarinesteph
Reminds me of the old airport in Doha and the First Class buses used at the Premium Terminal by QR.
aquamarinesteph likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by SFO777
Thanks very much aquamarinesteph.

It is? On select flights or all flights? I've only ever had the bus. Certainly nice enough but still a bus. Also got the bus on our connecting flight to AMM.
sorry the chauffeur drive is. I’ll be having a very large ski bag so will likely need and estate
Old Feb 24, 2018, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

sorry the chauffeur drive is. I’ll be having a very large ski bag so will likely need and estate
So if you book a chauffeur drive pick up at DXB, and your inbound parks at a remote stand, you should a private car waiting for you?
Old Feb 24, 2018, 4:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
An '85 Ducru-Beaucaillou?!? Emirates putting the competition to shame, and then some. I hope you video called the lovely ladies in charge of the cabin before you taxiied to ensure the wine was properly prepared before you ordered a glass!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.