Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OMG... Emirates New First Class Suites, the world's best First Class cabin

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2018, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Beautiful. Not much more to say other than that. So tasteful and classy. This is definitely on my list to sample along with the new SQ suites. Hopefully I'll have the ability to soon.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 6:38 pm

Better than Etihad F if I am correct?
Old Feb 24, 2018, 8:11 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by SFO777
So if you book a chauffeur drive pick up at DXB, and your inbound parks at a remote stand, you should a private car waiting for you?
they should do this but it’s just for the transfer to the airport for your pick up in Dxb.... the usual car is an e class estate or saloon...only I/o or vvip get the tarmac transfer
Old Feb 25, 2018, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy
An '85 Ducru-Beaucaillou?!? Emirates putting the competition to shame, and then some. I hope you video called the lovely ladies in charge of the cabin before you taxiied to ensure the wine was properly prepared before you ordered a glass!
batmandds reported that they did decant his bottle. I was a little disappointed that mine was a pop and pour, not even a pop, taste and then pour... although it was the purser so I forgive our FA,

Originally Posted by cmd320
Beautiful. Not much more to say other than that. So tasteful and classy. This is definitely on my list to sample along with the new SQ suites. Hopefully I'll have the ability to soon.
Thanks very much cmd320. Hopefully, EK will schedule New First on a North American route. I did hear a rumour about Chicago but who knows how accurate that is.

Originally Posted by Bretteee
Better than Etihad F if I am correct?
Absolutely better than Etihad F. Unfortunately, Etihad has slipped in my Top 10 rankings behind AF, GA, EK and QR.

Originally Posted by m3red
they should do this but it’s just for the transfer to the airport for your pick up in Dxb.... the usual car is an e class estate or saloon...only I/o or vvip get the tarmac transfer
Thank you m3red.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 6:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
The EK snack basket looks exactly like the AA/DL/UA F snack baskets. I don't see what the big hullabaloo is all about?

Great report, SFO777. Thanks for the indepth look.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 7:13 pm

Programs: AF Plat, DL Gold
Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy
An '85 Ducru-Beaucaillou?!? Emirates putting the competition to shame, and then some. I hope you video called the lovely ladies in charge of the cabin before you taxiied to ensure the wine was properly prepared before you ordered a glass!

Indeed they did "decant" in a carafe for me. I let it sit for about an hour while enjoying some Dom. It was outstanding by the time I got to it! The 2005 Pavillon Rouge on the way home on DXB-JFK was equally delicious.

I also had them decant some 2007 L'ermite for me at the same time so maybe I took both decanters and then SFO777 was stuck with the pop n pour LOL.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 10:18 pm

Nice work SFO777! I always appreciate the candor in your reviews, as well as your desire to appreciate the finer spirits in the sky. I wish more FT's took liberty at being a little more honest, instead of audition for Travel + Leisure. I also learned about the premium one way/ throw away return in economy if I read your comments above correctly. Is there any easy way to search this?
Old Feb 27, 2018, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
The EK snack basket looks exactly like the AA/DL/UA F snack baskets. I don't see what the big hullabaloo is all about?
Great report, SFO777. Thanks for the indepth look.
Thanks very much CHOPCHOP767. Yeah, not sure what the point of the sandwiches was. Maybe someone improvising off the manual. But my Emirates M&Ms were great!

Originally Posted by batmandds
Indeed they did "decant" in a carafe for me. I let it sit for about an hour while enjoying some Dom. It was outstanding by the time I got to it! The 2005 Pavillon Rouge on the way home on DXB-JFK was equally delicious.
I also had them decant some 2007 L'ermite for me at the same time so maybe I took both decanters and then SFO777 was stuck with the pop n pour LOL.
LOL, so that explains it. You used two decanters!

Originally Posted by brodielayne
Nice work SFO777! I always appreciate the candor in your reviews, as well as your desire to appreciate the finer spirits in the sky. I wish more FT's took liberty at being a little more honest, instead of audition for Travel + Leisure. I also learned about the premium one way/ throw away return in economy if I read your comments above correctly. Is there any easy way to search this?
Thank you brodielayne. I appreciate your kind comments. We found the throwaway Y simply by trial and error with GF and ITA Matrix. But CAI and DEL are always good to start with on most itineraries.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 7:21 am

Programs: BA Gold
Great stuff SFO777

I believe this is coming to London Stansted later this summer. Have been hoping beyond hope that my KIX-DXB flight coming up gets it, but no chance there
Old Feb 28, 2018, 3:20 pm

So impressive, SFO777.
Hopefully they will put the new F to LAX this year.

Does anyone know why they never stock Napa cab? Is it because it's too intense compare to the French counterpart at high altitude?
Old Feb 28, 2018, 8:41 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by 5DMarkIIguy
So impressive, SFO777.

Does anyone know why they never stock Napa cab? Is it because it's too intense compare to the French counterpart at high altitude?
they do...

I’ve had arujio, amuse bouche (various blends) and the Mascot (Harlan estate).

epic wines. I also am pretty sure they only have the decanter on the 380 although I could be wrong as not flown long haul 77w for a while.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by darthlemsip
Great stuff SFO777
I believe this is coming to London Stansted later this summer. Have been hoping beyond hope that my KIX-DXB flight coming up gets it, but no chance there
Thanks darthlemsip. Unfortunately, EK just doesn't seem committed to rolling out this amazing cabin systemwide, which is a real shame.

Originally Posted by 5DMarkIIguy
So impressive, SFO777.
Thank you very much 5DMarkIIguy.
As m3red notes below, they have stocked Napa cabs. I think it's perhaps more likely they'd be found on NA flights.

Originally Posted by m3red
they do...I’ve had arujio, amuse bouche (various blends) and the Mascot (Harlan estate).
epic wines. I also am pretty sure they only have the decanter on the 380 although I could be wrong as not flown long haul 77w for a while.
Thanks m3red.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Thanks for yet another great review, SFO777. A couple of questions:

1. So, if you had to recommend one over the other for this most first world of first world problems, would you recommend the middle or window seat?
2. It looks like one minor drawback of this incredible seat is that you can't dine with a companion. Is that correct?
Old Mar 15, 2018, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Thanks for yet another great review, SFO777. A couple of questions:
1. So, if you had to recommend one over the other for this most first world of first world problems, would you recommend the middle or window seat?
2. It looks like one minor drawback of this incredible seat is that you can't dine with a companion. Is that correct?
Thank you Thunderroad.

1. I would select one of the window seats. The inside seat is cool for a while but I was more than happy to swap. First choice would be either 2A or 1K, the two seats with a wall across the aisle.
2. Correct...sort of. While there is no buddy seat, inside suites 1E and 2F are visible to the window seats 1A and 2K respectively as the doors are opposite each other.
You are probably 8 feet apart... similar to 2AK on the LH 744 nose. Not intimate but still able to communicate and connect with a companion.

Last edited by SFO777; Mar 15, 2018 at 4:21 pm
Old Mar 15, 2018, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Very useful info, as always, SFO777. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.