Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HKG MNL Premium Economy

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2018, 8:49 am
Original Poster

HKG MNL Premium Economy PR307

A few months back PR's Mabuhay Miles had a one day promo where they slashed miles required for award flights by half. I grabbed the opportunity to try their new "true" premium economy on their reconfigured A330-300 that now had three classes, mabuhay, true premium Y and Y.

PR did have a "premium Y" before this better version of it was launched but it was just the first few rows of Y and maybe a few more Kg in baggage, this time their premium Y actually had better seats in a completely separate cabin between mabuhay and Y.

view from 23K

decent IFE screen size, has
​​a touch screen, looked HD to me. responsive and didn't freeze. no tailcam that i could find. decent selection of content, it was a short flight so I stuck to Pinky and the Brain episodes.

Controller had some heft to it, seems well built. The silver square button (2nd from top) is also a "trackpad" that moves a cursor. sensitivity and accuracy is good. i like this design.

flip side of the controller. maybe someday usb cable makers will sell charger cables as sturdy as those used on these things?

easy to access AC power outlets

non NC headsets but had decent volume and sound quality.

magazines and duty free

empty seat next to mine, premium Y cabin was about 1/3rd full

four meal options, i chose beef.
​​​​​​ it was sweet, filipino food recipes tend to have sugar even on savory viands. no whisky or any spirits, just standard white/red and heineken.

​​​​

familiar PR coffee, same as what they serve in domestic flights.

8 inch recline with that thing that holds your legs up at an angle, controlled via a similar button to the recline button but located on the other side.

very spartan washroom amenities

arrived MNL T2 on time.

​​​​​​Half off miles award and the fees came to just around 45USD (redeemed it while in Thailand, got charged a bit more because I had to go thru an agency) so of course it was worth it for me. Would you pay full price, approx 300USD for this? I don't think I would.

PR is gunning for 4* on skytrax and this certainly is a move in the right direction.
standch and nequine like this.

Last edited by frobozzelectric; Jan 15, 2018 at 9:59 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.