Air France La Premiere - Paris to New York

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air France La Premiere - Paris to New York

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2018, 4:07 am

Programs: FB LT Plat, BA LTG, LH HON
Great TR that really captured the experience and kudos on the calories you knocked back! (and as a greedy bugger big-boned lad I'm not normally impressed easily )

I've got five R/T CDG to JNB in La Premiere booked for this year

They typically came in at about Ł200 above the cost of AF Business on a BHX-CDG-JNB-DUR routing and about Ł1k cheaper than VS Upper (the carrier my client typically uses) and Ł2k cheaper than BA CW, so there are some decent fares out there. So I'm in the good books for keeping the costs down and get La Premiere. That is definitely Win-Win.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 7:50 pm
Suspended

Such a long flight and such a gourmet food
Old Jan 8, 2018, 2:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Nice - surprised they served the LP Alexandra in the lounge -- usually airlines save the "good" stuff for on board, and this is ~$350/bottle stuff (in the US anyway). My visit in March they had the Alexandra on board, and in the lounge they had the Ducasse, Bolly 2005, and P-J Rose (NV).
I probably would have been disappointed with Krug on board, unless I had my fill of the Alexandra in the lounge.
The P lounge is one of a kind. The standards of food and drink are exceptional. If anything it looks like onboard has now caught up though as early on it was a bit less nice comparatively. Quite an improvised tasting menu here!!
Old Jan 8, 2018, 4:11 am

The cabin looks so beautiful! All of those warm earth tones and the curtains. It seems like the right mix to afford privacy without claustrophobia.
What was in the black and white dessert on the far right?

I am quite sure that the 747-400 you saw on the ground was a member fo the Dubai Air Wing fleet. Their aircraft serve the UAE royal family.
Odd that it has sort of TWA stripes.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Originally Posted by T8191
Very nice ... it's a shame I don't want to go to either Paris or New York

But a lovely tempting TR, nonetheless! ^
but you could fly AF and use cdg as a transfer airport... No different than FRA and LH F as some people like to do :-)
Old Jan 9, 2018, 2:34 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
What a lovely review. It seems to confirm that AF First is a top-notch product. Arguably one of the best out there.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
OMG !!!
another fantastic TR of AF P, a truly exceptional product.
Thank you !
Old Jan 12, 2018, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Food looks way too fancy for me.

My husband would love 4 windows.

Thanks for posting.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 5:02 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Hard to complain about AF's 787 service ex-BOS, but LP was worth the schlep down to JFK, IME. Certainly appears to be the case for you as well. Thanks for posting, Yahtzee!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.