Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A Honeymoon to Remember: Hong Kong, Thailand, and Japan in Style

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2018, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Aman flexibility at its best. They should be able to serve tea almost anywhere a guest requests it.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 7:59 am
Original Poster

@offerendum - Indeed! Aman really worked with us to make sure we wanted for nothing. Like I said, we didn’t get the ‘everyone knows your name’ feeling that has been mentioned here about other Amans, but everything was executed perfectly and they worked with our needs. And to be fair, Amanpuri didn’t really remember our names either. Hopefully, we will someday have an Aman experience where we encounter cyborg-like staff with instant memory recall.
@sempervivum Thanks! We plan on visiting every 5 years, I too wish I could Rip Van Winkle myself to 2022. Enjoy your trip!
@mentor of monty Thanks, much appreciated!

@honores41 Thanks, it was!

@iaflyer – Thanks!

@Aventine – Definitely. I wanted to really emphasize our experience at Aman Tokyo because I know this board has noted mixed service issues (typical of other city hotels). But in our case, Aman delivered. I agree that tea should be allowed to be served anywhere, and had we not had such an abysmal time at The Peninsula Bangkok, we probably wouldn’t have been as impressed with their ability to accommodate us. I did think it was considerate nonetheless, because I never made a reservation and the plating was very elegant. I imagine it takes time to make/set up.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:36 pm

Anlun:

Great tr. Mrs. jmj9905 and I are doing a very similar trip, except Japan, in the fall. I appreciate your information, particularly your restaurant reviews.

Congrats on your wedding and honeymoon trip.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 3:34 am

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
Where was the actual loo in your Aman room, I cant spot it in your video?
Old Mar 7, 2018, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

@jmj9905 - Thanks! That's great to hear. Japan is out favorite country to visit and every trip is full of new experiences. We had an amazing time, and I'm sure and your wife will as well!
@GodAtum - at .51-.53 You can see a mirrored door on the lefternmost area of the bathroom. Toilet was in there. I forgot to open that door when taking the video, but as was the norm in the Japan, the toilet was the Toto robo-toilets, with the waterjet, discretion noise, air purifier, seat warmer, and butt drier. The US seriously needs to invest more resources in improving our toilet technology.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 6:06 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
There has been some thread clean up.

If anyone wants to have a conversation about animal rights, or animals as tourist attractions they are welcome to do so in OMNI.

Best,
Mod Team

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.