Wiki Posts
Search

ANC-BKK via PEK on AS and Hainan

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2017, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS 100K, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Silver
Alaska SEA-ANC

Now in first, we boarded and took off for a little over three-hour flight to Anchorage. First class service on this flight includes free tablet rental with pre-loaded movies and TV shows, in addition to the free streaming entertainment. Wi-Fi works for most of the journey up to Anchorage, and power outlets are available.

For anyone that frequents the Alaska board, the discussion of first class meals, and lack thereof, is quite the topic. While there has been some improvement of these meals on competitive transcon routes, I believe the offerings are generally very weak, especially on routes back to Anchorage. The service this evening was listed as a snack, and was a pile of lettuce next to an onion quiche, topped off with a Seattle Chocolate. Just No. This was terrible, I only ate the salad.

My wife met me in Anchorage with a hotel room at the Hilton Garden Inn near the airport, we stayed overnight and made the three-hour drive home the next day.

This was a trip with a lot of firsts: first on Hainan, first visits to China and Thailand, first 747 and 787. It was a great experience! Thanks for reading.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 4:58 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, IHG Gold, HH Silver
Great report and photos from your trip! It looks like you had some nice flights; I'm amazed that AS doesn't serve something more substantial on a relatively long domestic flight. I flew them several years ago from SEA-MSP, and the "lunch" was 1/2 a bbq sandwich and a side of cole slaw and that was the only offering they had. I definitely was expecting a bit more as Delta offers a pretty nice meal on a flight of that length.

Thank you for sharing!

Matthew (757)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.