Reload this Page >

Sarajevo To Dubrovnik

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sarajevo To Dubrovnik

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2017, 5:09 am

Incredible trip report as usual Daniel. The Balkans are a special place. You should do more travels down the Montenegrin coastline through to Albania if you haven't already.
Old Dec 25, 2017, 6:28 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, Hyatt Prive, Hilton Impressario, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Roswood Elite, MO Fan Club
excellent pictures and trip report as always, thank you!
Old Dec 25, 2017, 6:34 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by DanielW
Just back after a break from mod duties with a trip to beautiful Ethiopia:

I look forward to reading your report as we head there in 2018. I suspect we will be taking a very different trip as nothing we are doing involves a long line of desert capable vehicles.
Old Dec 25, 2017, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by DanielW
Many thanks, MA330. I hope to head back and see the Albania and Macedonia, hopefully you can give me some tips.
Been to both countries this year so go ahead.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 4:27 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Diamond Club
Eastern Europe has never attracted my attention except recently for Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Thanks for this well documented TR.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 4:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flying_blue_white_red
Eastern Europe has never attracted my attention except recently for Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Thanks for this well documented TR.
Thank you, flying_blue_white_red. Yes, the Balkans is a great place to travel, will definitely have to head back sometime in 2018.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 12:30 am
SSZ

Programs: EK EY 9W
Simply stunning pictures Daniel! The drone shots are mind blowing. Seriously dope!!! Such vantage points you pick to click those drone pictures its so so beautifully filmed.

Mostar Kotor and Dubrovnik are spectacular places which are in my radar of must visit towns. Last October I went upto Split and Hvar on a driving holiday from Prague right down to the Adriatic. Dubrovnik was about 200kms from Split but I did not attempt it for lack of time. Seeing the pictures of Stradun reminded me of the cobbled streets around Diocletian's Palace in Split.

Kotor is such a beautiful town I had seen it first in a series on National Geographic "The world from above". Your drone pictures following the Silversea Cruise ship right from the point where it appears at the entrance of the bay till it berths at the port in Kotor are simply mind blowing and reminded me of that NGC series. I wonder how long you spent just to get those beautiful pictures.

The pictures of Stari Most in Mostar are seriously stunning. You picked the right Airbnb which had the perfect view of that historic bridge.

Keep them coming and look forward to many more of your trip reports.

You inspire me to travel!
Old Jan 27, 2018, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SSZ
Simply stunning pictures Daniel! The drone shots are mind blowing. Seriously dope!!! Such vantage points you pick to click those drone pictures its so so beautifully filmed.

Mostar Kotor and Dubrovnik are spectacular places which are in my radar of must visit towns. Last October I went upto Split and Hvar on a driving holiday from Prague right down to the Adriatic. Dubrovnik was about 200kms from Split but I did not attempt it for lack of time. Seeing the pictures of Stradun reminded me of the cobbled streets around Diocletian's Palace in Split.

Kotor is such a beautiful town I had seen it first in a series on National Geographic "The world from above". Your drone pictures following the Silversea Cruise ship right from the point where it appears at the entrance of the bay till it berths at the port in Kotor are simply mind blowing and reminded me of that NGC series. I wonder how long you spent just to get those beautiful pictures.

The pictures of Stari Most in Mostar are seriously stunning. You picked the right Airbnb which had the perfect view of that historic bridge.

Keep them coming and look forward to many more of your trip reports.

You inspire me to travel!
Many thanks, SSZ. Yes, a very enjoyable and well paced trip, especially as I had to plan it last minute. Hoping to head back sometime in 2018 and visit the remaining Balkan countries.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Daniel, you are truly a Trip Report treasure. Thanks for these great photo reports - Sarajevo has risen a few notches on my bucket list as a result of this report. What a beautiful city!
Old Jan 30, 2018, 11:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Seat 2A
Daniel, you are truly a Trip Report treasure. Thanks for these great photo reports - Sarajevo has risen a few notches on my bucket list as a result of this report. What a beautiful city!
Many thanks, Seat 2A. Yes, Sarajevo was a delight to explore and sightsee. Very interesting mix of Europe, the Balkans and Ottoman era Islamic culture that makes it really unique.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 9:11 am
Original Poster

The Silver Spirit, which I saw in Kotor Bay, has now been literally cut in half to lengthen the ship.

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/artic...html?gallery=4
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Amazing picture DanielW!
Old May 1, 2018, 3:00 pm

Stunning pictures, I had missed this for some reason. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay in town here in Sarajevo. Not far from your hotel you will have probably visited two other symbolic bridges from the last war, the Vrbanja bridge (Bosko & Admira, the Sarajevo's Romeo & Juliet, RIP) and the other one* just a few hundreds yards along the river [as you walk towards the Bristol], which was site of bitter fighting between French & Serb troops and mostly due to its strategic position between government's strongholds and Serb-held's Grbavica. I was amongst the first passengers on the first few Lufthansa services back in the late 90s when the airport had just reopened and I can tell you that seeing the city going through constant changes since those dark times is just a priceless feeling

*Most na Socijalnom.

Before (web) -

Now (mine) -

G
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old May 2, 2018, 1:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Stunning pictures, I had missed this for some reason. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay in town here in Sarajevo. Not far from your hotel you will have probably visited two other symbolic bridges from the last war, the Vrbanja bridge (Bosko & Admira, the Sarajevo's Romeo & Juliet, RIP) and the other one* just a few hundreds yards along the river [as you walk towards the Bristol], which was site of bitter fighting between French & Serb troops and mostly due to its strategic position between government's strongholds and Serb-held's Grbavica. I was amongst the first passengers on the first few Lufthansa services back in the late 90s when the airport had just reopened and I can tell you that seeing the city going through constant changes since those dark times is just a priceless feeling

*Most na Socijalnom.

G
Thank you, AlicorporateUK. Yes, so much recent history and turmoil, and you can see alot of the reminders of the war with bullet-pock marked buildings etc. War in Europe seems like a remote possibility these days so is interesting to get a glimpse of when it wasn't so peaceful.
AlicorporateUK likes this.
Old May 2, 2018, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
This changes are indeed a good thing!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.