Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

2 studs do Hawaii (via AMS, DUB, JFK, LAX and CDG for good measure on the way back!)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2 studs do Hawaii (via AMS, DUB, JFK, LAX and CDG for good measure on the way back!)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2018, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Landed in Dublin and headed to the lounge where I napped. C headed off to grab his flight back to London while I waited on the flight to Dublin which was delayed slightly. Before long, it was time to hope onto the bus to the Embraer farm.

KL938, DUB - AMS, PH-EZX, Embraer 190

I used a few miles to get an economy "plus" seat on this flight and when I checked in, there was nobody next to me. That was until some young girl (of whom I had the misfortune to meet) decided that she didn't want to sit in the aisle at Row 23, she wanted to sit in the aisle seat in Row 6 (without paying the additional to sit further up front). It hacked me off the fact that she just decided herself to move without even asking a member of the cabin crew. She didn't even go back to her row - she saw the seat next to me was empty and asked if it was free. I said I wasn't sure and her reply was "Well I'll just sit here and if someone has booked it then I'll tell them they can take my seat further back". Horrible person. Anyway, I nodded off to sleep shortly after and before I knew it we were in Amsterdam.

KL1451, AMS - ABZ, PH-BGT, B737

There wasn't any time to visit the lounge in Amsterdam before this flight really so I just headed to the gate. Boarding was delayed as they crew were delayed coming in from wherever they had been. At this point, I just wanted back to my flat so was hoping that the delay wasn't too long.

Took off and had the salad and a drink as we crossed the North Sea. Love the KL glasses!

Once we were in the air, an announcement was made that none of the toilets had running water in them this evening so they would be out of order. I imagine that would have been horrendous if you had needed to go. The lady making the announcement said that KLM would be in touch with everyone by email or phone within a few days to offer compensation. I wasn't expecting anything but 5,000 miles were pro actively added to my Flying Blue account the day after.

And back to cold Aberdeen!

Thanks for following me on this Hawaii trip! This time next week I'll be packing to head to New York for a long weekend..... still deciding whether to do a TR for that trip or not!

Peace!
Old Jan 9, 2018, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
My thanks for your efforts .,, and for regenerating our memories!

Enjoy NYC ^
Old Jan 9, 2018, 1:01 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium
Please as I love seeing the pics you take! But if you don't have a great time and I'll see the pics on Instagram instead.

Thanks for another good TR from you. Yikes at not being able to use the loos on the plane to Aberdeen though! :O
Old Jan 9, 2018, 3:26 pm
K&C

Programs: BAEC Gold
Great report, Thanks

What was the recline like for sleeping on the A321 between HNL - LAX ?

K
Old Jan 10, 2018, 12:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nequine
Please as I love seeing the pics you take! But if you don't have a great time and I'll see the pics on Instagram instead.

Thanks for another good TR from you. Yikes at not being able to use the loos on the plane to Aberdeen though! :O
Will think about it! Thanks foe reading nequine!

Originally Posted by K&C
Great report, Thanks

What was the recline like for sleeping on the A321 between HNL - LAX ?

K
Thanks K&C. Erm, I mean, the seat isn't ideal. There's not much of a recline on it. I managed to rest my feet kinda in the seat pocket and got comfortable and managed to sleep for a few hours. Obviously not as good as the transcon flights but certainly not unmanageable.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 5:13 pm

Programs: VA, SQ, IHG, HH,ALL, Europcar
Awesome TR - love reading about your travel adventures.

Learn to be less pleasant to people organising their own upgrades
Old Jan 11, 2018, 1:39 pm

Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Accor Silver
Another truly amazing trip report Stu! Loved reading. Hope you do the a TR for New York, lots of Instagram pictures aswell!
Happy travelling buddy!
Old Jan 12, 2018, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by adampenrith
Awesome TR - love reading about your travel adventures.

Learn to be less pleasant to people organising their own upgrades
Hah yes, I do. Maybe I'm too much of a Brit to make a fuss! Thanks for reading adampenrith

Originally Posted by Flyingboy200
Another truly amazing trip report Stu! Loved reading. Hope you do the a TR for New York, lots of Instagram pictures aswell!
Happy travelling buddy!
Cheers Flyingboy200 and thanks for reading!
Old Jan 12, 2018, 11:03 am

Programs: BA Gold
Very good TR! Thanks, as always. Just flew JFK-ZRH-(LHR) on AA on a 763 and seemed to have quite the opposite experience, though was mostly the service that was a huge letdown. Furthermore - Bolly is gone at JFK T8 and has been replaced by Taittinger. What a shame, indeed. Your TR definitely makes me want to go to Hawaii, looks brilliant!

Last edited by lostinlondon; Jan 14, 2018 at 6:00 am
Old Jan 12, 2018, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Great finish to trip report.

Keep up the "2 studs" titles.

Makes me want to go away tomorrow.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 5:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lostinlondon
Very good TR! Thanks, as always. Just flew JFK-ZRH-(LHR) on AA on a 763 and seemed to have quite the opposite experience, though was mostly the service that was a huge letdown. Furthermore - Bolly is gone at JFK T7 and has been replaced by Taittinger. What a shame, indeed. Your TR definitely makes me want to go to Hawaii, looks brilliant!
Cheers lostinlondon - thanks for reading! Sorry to hear about your sub par flight experience. As if the Bolly has gone!!

Originally Posted by Annalisa12
Great finish to trip report.

Keep up the "2 studs" titles.

Makes me want to go away tomorrow.
^. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.