Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Flying on a Brand New Easyjet Airbus A320 - Europe’s Best LCC??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2017, 6:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: OneWorld

Easyjet is one of the biggest carriers in the U.K and Europe. Along with Ryanair it is putting extreme pressure on the Likes of British Airways and Lufthansa to step up their short haul product. With British Airways we have seen that hasn’t worked, Introducing BOB on a FCC with sky high prices hasn’t gone down well. On the other hand Easyjet has been improving their product and has extremely good prices for travel across Europe.

Looking at Flights from Manchester to Geneva, Easyjet was 4x Lower than the next cheapes option KLM! BA 5X and Everyone else more than that. Considering how short this flight is of course I went with Easyjet.

Easyjet flies from Manchester Terminal 1. This is nothing against them but Manchester is a seriously congested airport. From what I’ve experienced Manchester is one of the worst airports to depart from keeping in mind Security and also the lack of space to sit. So anyone flying from MAN I would highly recommend arriving at least 2 Hours before the flight. The Flight by itself was brand new and therefore had the newer cabin. The Legroom was perfectly fine and the flight was completely full. The Seat in my opinion was comparable to BA. After Lifting off from Manchester the crew came around with the Inflight Service and considering this is a LCC ofcourse everything is at Cost! There was decent variety and must people seemed to buy something. Considering I don’t like spending a lot of money on planes, I did not. This was only a 1 and Half hour flight and the cabin was sufficient for that. Before we knew it the captain announced we had started our decent into GVA and it turned out to be an uneventful landing.

Overall It was a standard LCC flight and I arrived from A to B with no hassle. The Aircraft was in great condition and the price compared to the competitors was superb! On such small routes the extra price is not worth it, so I would recommend Easyjet to anyone if the price is right!

Please do watch my Trip Report for more Information!

Old Nov 11, 2017, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
From my Location there are only few Easyjet flights, so I never tried it. Not a big fan of budget airlines, but sometimes they are a good choice.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Agreed. But considering how fast British Airways is going it’s a good way to save some money.
Dover2Golf likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 3:54 pm
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
EasyJet seat pitch is horrible. You're almost standing up in the seats. Apart from claustrophobia, discomfort over anything longer than half an hour puts them out of court for me. European LCCs are designed for Ma and Pa Kettle, not for serious flyers. Now that BA has dumbed down and also become extraordinarily unreliable (strikes, IT issues, insufficient staffing at bag drop causing you to miss the plane....), I won't fly them either.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by 1P
EasyJet seat pitch is horrible. You're almost standing up in the seats. Apart from claustrophobia, discomfort over anything longer than half an hour puts them out of court for me. European LCCs are designed for Ma and Pa Kettle, not for serious flyers. Now that BA has dumbed down and also become extraordinarily unreliable (strikes, IT issues, insufficient staffing at bag drop causing you to miss the plane....), I won't fly them either.
I‘m relative happy with Eurowings. For a LCC they offer good performance overall. I prefer them to LH on short flights.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Low-cost airlines are the work of the devil.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 2:03 am
Original Poster

Until BA’s Shorthaul downgrades I wasn’t a fan of LCCs and I am still not a fan of Ryanair. BAs changes mean that you don’t get Checked baggage anymore, seat allocation is random and no drinks or snacks along with that the prices are still high. For travel within Europe, EasyJet and Eurowings is ok and it’s not actually that claustrophobic compared to Ryanair.
Dover2Golf likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 12:02 pm

Good review of a flight/airport/terminal I know well. U2 is a perfectly adequate product for short hops around Europe, coupled with usually competitive fares.

However, I frequently use MAN T1 at the same time as you did, but no need to arrive 2 hours before departure. Yes, security is not good at all, but 1 hour is perfectly sufficient. I usually arrive at T-45 for LX381 with no problems at all.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 6:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
The best feature of Easyjet is the ability to buy seat 1F for around Ł15 per sector. With that, you get an extra item of hand luggage, rigorously enforced priority boarding (so much better than BA who never do it properly on shorthaul) and fast track security at some airports. That makes the experience perfectly acceptable for anything under 2.5 hours.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 10:27 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Bronze, Hilton Diamond, Virgin Flying Club Red
Originally Posted by 1P
EasyJet seat pitch is horrible.
The new BA short haul cabins are down to 29" pitch. There is no additional space in Club Europe either, just a blocked middle seat.
Dover2Golf likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 2:01 pm

Programs: BAEC
Norwegian are my favourite LCC at the moment. I also flew Air Europa for the first time recently from LGW-MAD and was pleasantly surprised, a fairly new Boeing 737-800 and the seat pitch and comfort was good. Flight was on time and middle seat was unoccupied- result.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 11:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by 1P
EasyJet seat pitch is horrible. You're almost standing up in the seats.
My exit row booking on U2 for HAM-AMS cost me $56. KL would have been triple the cost and I've flown in their knee-crunching Fokker 100s to AMS on regional flights, so it's not like the legacy carriers are better.

Originally Posted by rossmacd
Good review of a flight/airport/terminal I know well. U2 is a perfectly adequate product for short hops around Europe, coupled with usually competitive fares.
Have to agree on that one...
rossmacd likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 1:30 am

Flylo is the best LCC in Europe

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00x0zt9

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.