Nine Days In Brazil

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nine Days In Brazil

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2017, 7:32 pm

Programs: AA G, UA, HH G
Always such interesting destinations and not all caviar service, hot towels and executive lounges. I can really picture myself in the places you go in the way you intimately describe and photograph them, I love the way your photos make them so immersive. I really do love your trip reports, thank you so much for them.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 11:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gaobest
Fabulous TR! Thrilled that you got to meet JohnRain (at home, not in Brazil).
Thanks for so many lovely photos. Just stunning.
Thank you, gaobest. Yes, it was great catching up with JohnRain, a great and very interesting guy to meet.
Originally Posted by halfcape
Another great trip report and lots of amazing photos. It looks like you had a wonderful holiday!
Thanks, halfcape, yes, Brazil definitely exceeded our expectations.
Originally Posted by aquamarinesteph
Amazing photos! Thanks so much for sharing!!!
Cheers, aquamarinesteph.
Originally Posted by markman
Excellent trip report. Make me want to go there
Thank you, markman, I have no hesitation in recommending Brazil as a place you have to visit.
Originally Posted by blueferrari
esplêndido.
this made me want to go to a good beach
Many thanks, blueferrari. Yes, we certainly good spoilt with the fabulous beaches.
Originally Posted by kenko92
Thank you for another great read.
I hope you can both fit in Scotland at some point.
Thanks, kenko92. Will have to see more of the UK too.
Originally Posted by isabeloh
Always such interesting destinations and not all caviar service, hot towels and executive lounges. I can really picture myself in the places you go in the way you intimately describe and photograph them, I love the way your photos make them so immersive. I really do love your trip reports, thank you so much for them.
Many thanks, isabeloh. Yes, a very low probability of caviar appearing in one of my trip reports. I like to tell a story with all my photo's, both to help relive them later and to show other people what to experience. Great to hear that you enjoyed them.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 12:51 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, National Emerald Club, no airline affinity status
Daniel, another epic trip report. It looks like you and Rianda had a great time. Have you ever had anyone give you a hardtime when you are out with your drone? Or is it pretty inconspicious that people don't even notice? Your drone shots give your trip reports an unique perspective. I can't wait until your next trip. Which is to where, now that I am asking?
Old Nov 6, 2017, 2:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HawaiiTrvlr
Daniel, another epic trip report. It looks like you and Rianda had a great time. Have you ever had anyone give you a hardtime when you are out with your drone? Or is it pretty inconspicious that people don't even notice? Your drone shots give your trip reports an unique perspective. I can't wait until your next trip. Which is to where, now that I am asking?
Thank you, HawaiiTrvlr. No hassles with the drone, the Mavic is pretty small and not too noisy to worry people too much. When I was flying along Copacabana I actually saw another Mavic flying over us. When we were at Christ Redeemer too, there was a drone nearby taking some shots.

Next TR is to the Balkans, next trip is to Hong Kong and somewhere in between there will be a TR to Libya with hauteboy.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Daniel, what an amazing trip and report. Your pics are simply out of this world. Love, love the drone pics. What a great perspective they give. ^^
Old Nov 13, 2017, 1:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SFO777
Daniel, what an amazing trip and report. Your pics are simply out of this world. Love, love the drone pics. What a great perspective they give. ^^
Many thanks, SFO777. Yes, the drone really opens up a whole new way of looking at and photographing things. Some more aerial pics to come with my next TR to the Balkans:

Old Nov 13, 2017, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by DanielW
Many thanks, SFO777. Yes, the drone really opens up a whole new way of looking at and photographing things. Some more aerial pics to come with my next TR to the Balkans:
Not a fan of drones (more the opposite) but pictures like this are beautiful and I must agree it opens a new world.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 1:42 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles and Smiles, Hhonors, ICHotels

Next TR is to the Balkans, next trip is to Hong Kong and somewhere in between there will be a TR to Libya with hauteboy.
Oh boy, some of us cannot wait. Libya is going to be an eye opener.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 5:11 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
As always amazing trip report DanielW! Your drone pics are raising the bar for all of us
Old Nov 14, 2017, 1:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by offerendum
Not a fan of drones (more the opposite) but pictures like this are beautiful and I must agree it opens a new world.
They've started to introduce new drones which are much quieter, and less likely to annoy people.
Originally Posted by roadwarrier
Oh boy, some of us cannot wait. Libya is going to be an eye opener.
Yes, quite an interesting trip!

Originally Posted by Madone59
As always amazing trip report DanielW! Your drone pics are raising the bar for all of us
Many thanks, Madone59. Just got back from Hong Kong, a great place for flying too.
kosy91 likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 10:19 am

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia
Love all of your photos, especially your drone photos! I am now regretting that I bought Spark instead of Mavic!

I will be going to Brazil next month as well and I will bring my Spark with me as well. Just wondering, was there any specific no fly zone for the drone? Did you just let your Mavic take off from the Copacobana beach?

Also, which walking tour/ food tour did you book? Thanks!
Old Nov 17, 2017, 5:51 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, Hyatt Prive, Hilton Impressario, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Roswood Elite, MO Fan Club

Many thanks, Madone59. Just got back from Hong Kong, a great place for flying too.
That HK pic is simply STUNNING!!!
Old Nov 18, 2017, 10:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by l380
Love all of your photos, especially your drone photos! I am now regretting that I bought Spark instead of Mavic!
I will be going to Brazil next month as well and I will bring my Spark with me as well. Just wondering, was there any specific no fly zone for the drone? Did you just let your Mavic take off from the Copacobana beach?
Also, which walking tour/ food tour did you book? Thanks!
Thanks, l380. Flying from the beach is fine, I saw another Mavic and a Phantom flying along the beach when we were there.
This is the walking tour (we used a discount code, THANKSS, for 10% off).
https://www.urbanadventures.com/rio-...l-tour-combo-1
And this is the food tour:
http://eatrio.net/eat-rio-food-tours
Originally Posted by kosy91
That HK pic is simply STUNNING!!!
Thank you, kosy91. Yes, HK is a very beautiful city.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 7:08 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, Hyatt Prive, Hilton Impressario, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Roswood Elite, MO Fan Club
Thanks, l380.

Thank you, kosy91. Yes, HK is a very beautiful city.
SUPERB!!
Old Dec 16, 2017, 5:48 am

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Stunning pics as always - and a stunning place to visit too. I haven't seen photos of Ilha Grande before - had no idea it was so gorgeous. Adding that one to my to-do list...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.