Israel/Jordan via AA & RJ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Israel/Jordan via AA & RJ

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2017, 6:40 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Great trip report and great info on visiting Petra. You indicated that the guide was affiliated with the site. Did you hire the guide there? Pre-arranged or just when you purchased the entrance ticket? Sounds like it worked out well with the guide. Would you do it that way again?

Also, did you use a site to find a driver from Amman to Petra? I would love to visit Petra and I would do it a lot like you did. Thanks for this informative trip report.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exp, One World Emerald
Originally Posted by bitterproffit
Great trip report and great info on visiting Petra. You indicated that the guide was affiliated with the site. Did you hire the guide there? Pre-arranged or just when you purchased the entrance ticket? Sounds like it worked out well with the guide. Would you do it that way again?

Also, did you use a site to find a driver from Amman to Petra? I would love to visit Petra and I would do it a lot like you did. Thanks for this informative trip report.
At Petra when you pay for the entrance fee at the visitors center, they ask you if you want a guide as well. They tack on the 50JD if you do then there is a guide coordinator who asks what language you want and they pair you with a guide. The guide I had was very good. Would definitely do it again.

If if you go to Petra, you may want to stay a couple of days. The site is really extensive and there is definitely enough to spend two to three days. Lots of walking.

The driver from Amman to Petra was arranged by the camp I stayed at that evening, He had a private car and met me inside once I exited bag claim. I would imagine most of the hotels in Petra would have a similar service.
bitterproffit likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Great report!
tjcnkc likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 8:13 am

Nice report - interesting to see RJ long-haul appears solid.

Kitchen Market in the Tel Aviv port is one of my favourite restaurants in the city. Great atmosphere and awesome food.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

I was quite impressed with RJ. The service was nice and the business class fairly comfortable for a longish over seas trip.

Kitchen Market was great. I really liked the food and presentation. The only semi negative thing when I went, I had a young overly talky waiter and kept asking me for feedback on the food....wanting details...kinda of exhausting...i just wanted to drink and enjoy the food

Originally Posted by makin'miles
Nice report - interesting to see RJ long-haul appears solid.

Kitchen Market in the Tel Aviv port is one of my favourite restaurants in the city. Great atmosphere and awesome food.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Thanks for your great report!

I have flown with this FA on RJ before...she's great.

Curious, are you able to post a picture of the espresso menu you mentioned? Were there cappuccinos available that were not powdered?
Old Nov 13, 2017, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Thanks for your great report!

I have flown with this FA on RJ before...she's great.

Curious, are you able to post a picture of the espresso menu you mentioned? Were there cappuccinos available that were not powdered?
Here is the espresso menu I referenced.
Name:  IMG_2229.jpg
Views: 721
Size:  110.3 KB

I didn't see an espresso menu on board nor did I order anything from the menu. I did think it was novel. My assumption was there was an espresso machine upfront but didn't investigate. I did try the arabic coffee both too and from and it was tasty.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 6:10 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt, Marriott Silver
Thanks again for the terrific report and photos, leaving in a couple of weeks, now I have some regrets about not going to Jordan, but I'll save it for another trip!
tjcnkc likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 3:19 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Great photos and informative TR. Thank you.
tjcnkc likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.