Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

10 Day Road Trip To Scotland

10 Day Road Trip To Scotland

Old Sep 26, 2017, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Looking forward to it. Enjoyed your first trip report.
florens likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 12:43 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Days 2, 3 and 4 are now online. Enjoy!
BigEyedFish likes this.

Last edited by florens; Sep 26, 2017 at 1:47 pm
Old Sep 26, 2017, 3:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I drove through Berriedale in May. Fun piece of roadway if you have a fast car.
florens likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 10:37 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Parts 5 and 6 are now online.

Originally Posted by supermintyfresh
Looking forward to it! Those lush green fields look amazing ^
Originally Posted by roadwarrier
Loving the photos so far. Looking forward to the rest.
Originally Posted by wrp96
Looking forward to it. Enjoyed your first trip report.
Thanks guys. I hope you are going to like it.

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
I drove through Berriedale in May. Fun piece of roadway if you have a fast car.
I can imagine that!

Last edited by florens; Sep 27, 2017 at 11:16 am
Old Sep 27, 2017, 12:04 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium
Some fantastic photos you've got there that so shows off the North of Scotland to its best!
florens likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 9:16 am

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, National Exec
I look forward to seeing the rest of the trip!
florens likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 10:07 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Parts 7 and 8 are now online.

Originally Posted by nequine
Some fantastic photos you've got there that so shows off the North of Scotland to its best!
I'm glad you like it, nequine

Originally Posted by Zeeb
I look forward to seeing the rest of the trip!
Good! I do hope you will enjoy it.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 1:52 am

Programs: BA Silver
Fabulous- visited a number of these spots on our honeymoon; it really is a wondrous part of the world.
florens likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:06 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mentor of monty
Fabulous- visited a number of these spots on our honeymoon; it really is a wondrous part of the world.
Good to see that you folks like it. I do agree with your comment! The nature is awe-inspiring! And there is so much to see that one could spend weeks there.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 2:11 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Days 9 and 10 are now online, enjoy!

Last edited by florens; Sep 30, 2017 at 4:35 am
Old Sep 30, 2017, 4:48 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Installment 11: Day 11, returning home

Installment 11: Day 11

Stupidly enough, as I counted 10 nights, I didn't realise there was an eleventh day, namely the day when it was time to say goodbye Scotland. I'll therefore add this here.

After having our last Scottish Breakfast, we headed to the airport, returned our car, checked in, and went to the small lounge in Inverness.

Our flight departed from Gate 2, and boarding started a bit late. Inverness airport doesn't have any jetways, so you simply walk over the tarmac to the airplane. The load on this flight was the following: Business Class 22/28, Economy 126/126.

Boarding

We were served lunch on this flight, and this is what my OH got as she pre-ordered a vegan meal (if you are Vegetarian you always get the same meal so this was to get some change)

I started writing this report in the plane:

As we had a long layover we went to the Galleries First lounge straight away, where we met a fellow FTer, jcm9000, who was on his way to FRA and then onto DOH, CMB and MLE. It was really nice to meet him and we had a couple of glasses of champagne together. Our flight boarded from B gates, which I always like, because you get to see widebodies from very close.

The load on BA748 to Basel was the following: Business Class 16/24, Economy Class 126/132. We lined up on runway 09R for takeoff after a couple of minutes in the queue as it was very busy

A busy T2 as well:

The crew on our flight was fantastic. We were addressed by name, offered drinks before the meal and coffee and tea afterwards. They worked very hard from takeoff to landing, it was one of the best flights I had in BA's European Business Class, Club Europe, really. It was certainly a nice way to finish this trip.

G&T and nuts before the meal

Thanks for reading this trip report, I do hope you enjoyed it.
jcm9000 and pacenotes like this.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 5:20 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Yay, I'm famous! Nice to meet the two of you as well. Shame about that hotel near the end of the trip, slate them on trip advisor! Thanks for the great report and superb pictures, canny beat a stand off on the road with a sheep.....
florens and Calchas like this.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 5:23 am

Programs: BA gold
Always nice to see people visiting my favourite part of the world where I spent much of my student years climbing, walking and driving all over looking at bits of rocks.

Photos rarely do it justice but you've taken some good ones that are exceptionally close.
florens likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 7:07 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Hyatt Priv, Impresario, Four Seasons, Marriott Stars, Kempinski, Accor STEP, SLH, IHG,etc
What a beautiful part of the country/world! Thank you for sharing. Sorry to hear about the dirty hotel :-(

Your photographs of food are making me hungry!
florens likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Lovely report on your adventure, florens, and with some outstanding photographs. Sadly, my efforts with a pocket Lumix will never match that standard!

As for the whole trip ... far too North, far too cold, and far too cloudy for our taste

Glad you enjoyed the experience ^
florens and Calchas like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.