Old Sep 24, 2017, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by nequine
It looked a fantastic thing to do!
It was really cool. Thanks nequine.

Originally Posted by HMPS
SFO 777 A well deserved Birthday celebration.
Out of all your TRs, this one touched many a memory chords !
My dad in Mumbai after the private airlines were nationalized in India was a premier Travel Agent for PanAM. Met even Najeeb Halaby.
Among many keepsakes we most waited for the annual calendars with the most beautiful photos of various locations around the world. Neighbors used to satrt asking for these by November !
The poster of Rio you showed was my most favorite so really took me back to my childhood. We also met some of the PanAm stewardesses. Imagine a teenager meeting these gorgeous creatures...many fantasies later did meet them when I flew PanAm in my later life.
Thank you.
Thank you HMPS for your birthday wishes and especially for that trip down memory lane with you and your dad. How cool that must have been to be so close to PanAm in the glory years when intercontinental air travel was such a new experience and mostly to dream about.

Originally Posted by Majuki
I'd agree. I think I only remember seeing one reluctant companion the night we were there. Mrs. Majuki calls this airline cosplay
LOL. Thanks Majuki.

Originally Posted by Loose Cannon
Thanks for the report and pictures.
Thank you Loose Cannon.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Quite a different subject for a report, thanks SFO777.

I was surprised at your conclusion given the 'incredibly' in the title. The upper deck seats don't look that comfortable, but I guess it's more about the 'experience' than the comfort of the seating. I take it the upper deck seats are original too (or at least reproductions)?

It looks a novel experience, although probably one I'm happy just to experience virtually from your report.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 8:04 pm

Programs: Delta PL, Hilton Diamond, past AA Gold
WOW Just got tickets from my husband for our anniversary. Best idea ever! Now I have to plan what to wear. Wonder if others have gone in the past year and any suggestions. Do they status match or is it YMMV? LOL
Old Oct 23, 2018, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

awesome !

prop cigarettes made me laugh, would be amusing if they did a smaller version of this inside a smoking lounge/bar
Old Oct 27, 2018, 11:51 pm

LOL I forgot about the Marboro Man and Allegheny Airlines. i flew them to Allentown.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 6:51 pm

Programs: Delta PL, Hilton Diamond, past AA Gold
Any flyer talkers going tonight? Just arriving!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.