Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

SriLankan C Class Colombo (CMB) - Jakarta (CGK), A First and Certainly Not The Last

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SriLankan C Class Colombo (CMB) - Jakarta (CGK), A First and Certainly Not The Last

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2017, 6:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: GarudaMiles (most active), Asia Miles (most active), Kris Flyer, Flying Blue, Royal Orchid Plus
Originally Posted by camsean
Thanks for posting. I flew Sri Lankan a number of years ago and enjoyed my flights as well.

I think you mean famous regarding the tea and not infamous. Unless you think the tea is bad
Yes, sorry for the wrong diction. I meant "famous". Corrected already. Thanks for commenting
Old Sep 14, 2017, 7:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: GarudaMiles (most active), Asia Miles (most active), Kris Flyer, Flying Blue, Royal Orchid Plus
Some shots in Colombo:

Galle Road and surrounding

Galle Road is one of the main avenues in Colombo with clean surroundings.

Viharamahadevi Park

Gangaramaya Temple

Right after entrance

A huge Bodhi tree inside where devotees pay homage to Lord Budha:

Seema Malaka Temple

Sri Ponnambalawaneswaram

Inner sanctum:

Flower offering:

Wolvendaal Church

Must try in Colombo: rice and curry

kevincrumbs likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 8:05 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Nice report. Let's hope they stick around for a while longer!!
Old Sep 15, 2017, 12:38 pm

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Nice report! How were the loads on the flight? I can't imagine much traffic between CMB and CGK.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 6:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by worldtraveller73
Nice report. Let's hope they stick around for a while longer!!
Haha...thanks for that
Old Sep 15, 2017, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gpeso8
Nice report! How were the loads on the flight? I can't imagine much traffic between CMB and CGK.
On the contrary gpeso8, it was a very full flight, both in economy and business. I remember business was 100% full. That's why UL decided to change the previously A321 then A332 to A333 for this route.

I asked the check-in agent in CGK how the usual load is, she said that this UL flight is mostly full since CMB is a popular transit airport before heading to Middle East from CGK or vice versa, given the fact that UL offers a more economical price compared to direct flight with GA, QR, EY, EK or SV.

When on board, I saw many Middle Eastern nationals, Indonesian and then a handful of Sri Lankan in C cabin.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 7:29 pm

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Originally Posted by MRTY
On the contrary gpeso8, it was a very full flight, both in economy and business. I remember business was 100% full. That's why UL decided to change the previously A321 then A332 to A333 for this route.

I asked the check-in agent in CGK how the usual load is, she said that this UL flight is mostly full since CMB is a popular transit airport before heading to Middle East from CGK or vice versa, given the fact that UL offers a more economical price compared to direct flight with GA, QR, EY, EK or SV.

When on board, I saw many Middle Eastern nationals, Indonesian and then a handful of Sri Lankan in C cabin.
Interesting! I didn't think about CMB being transit point to the Middle East but it makes sense. In all my years living in Indonesia I've never had any friends express a desire to visit Sri Lanka, we loved it when we went three years ago, flew CGK-SIN-CMB on SQ.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 9:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gpeso8
Interesting! I didn't think about CMB being transit point to the Middle East but it makes sense. In all my years living in Indonesia I've never had any friends express a desire to visit Sri Lanka, we loved it when we went three years ago, flew CGK-SIN-CMB on SQ.
None of my friends have an idea of going to Sri Lanka as well. But overall, I loved this trip, especially because the people there are so friendly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.