Reload this Page >

Relaxing In Seychelles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Relaxing In Seychelles

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2017, 4:34 pm

Again, thanks for sharing your trip with us. It looks like a wonderful vacation!
Old Jun 28, 2017, 11:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mike&co
Excellent report as always Daniel ^ I think I've read all 50
Thanks, mike&co, it has been a pleasure to share them with everyone here.
Originally Posted by offerendum
I love Seychelles, the drone-pictures give it a new perspective. Also great underwater pictures^
My only major fault during my visit was that I didn´t had a underwater camera this time.
Thank you, offerendum. I just use a Gopro for the underwater pics, very tough and perfect to grab a few shots under the sea.
Originally Posted by phranktzi
Congrats on your 50th report!
Thank you for another amazing TR.
Cheers, phranktzi, a great escape for a few days somewhere nice.
Originally Posted by 1P
A simply excellent TR, DanielW !! Great photos from the quadcopter!
Thanks, 1P. My first trip with the Phantom so was fun to fly it somewhere new and very photogenic.
Originally Posted by roadwarrier
Amazing photos as usual. But, as you pointed out, intra Africa travel can be so bloody expensive - I need to get into West Africa next month, and am flipping the coin between TK and ET. The options work out cheaper than SA and connecting with a local carrier.
Congrats on your 50th TR - I think that I have read all of them and enjoyed each and every one. Thank you kindly for sharing, may you have many more TR's that you can share with us.
Thank you, roadwarrier. Yes, unfortunately not alot of options in this part of the world. ET is pretty good and reliable though, I just flew DXB-ADD-JNB for just over $400 return, almost a third of the price of a direct flight on EK!
Originally Posted by hauteboy
Great report! I was in Seychelles 19 years ago but sadly lost most of my photos, they were stolen out of my checked bag in Paris on the way back home. I stayed in Anse Boileau and near Bel Ombre.
Many thanks, hauteboy. Bummer about the lost photo's, maybe a good excuse to go back though?
Originally Posted by londonfog
Today in London is 16C overcast with a cold-ish air and every intention to rain. I let you guess how 'nice' it was to go through your TR
Jokes apart, great photos. Shame I can't dive.
Cheers, londonfog. Great to hear I have brought some sunshine to your day! You'll have to book that Phuket vacation to get your dive ticket now too.
Originally Posted by atojbk
Great report as usual. Have you had any issues bringing your drone around? Laws/people finding it annoying etc?
Thanks, atojbk. I have been to five countries with my drone and have had no issues so far. It did get swabbed for explosives once at DXB though.
Originally Posted by halfcape
Again, thanks for sharing your trip with us. It looks like a wonderful vacation!
Thank you, halfcape, yes, a great few days in paradise!
Old Jun 29, 2017, 1:07 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium
Another great TR from you Daniel.

Wow at the colour of the water there, so clear especially the pics you took from the air!
Old Jun 29, 2017, 3:32 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Mexico City, Havana, New York and now the Seychelles...your risk tolerance is more and more resembling mine, DanielW.
Or maybe this TR is from your twin brother sipping mojitos in paradise while you're crossing the Hindu Kush on the back of a donkey...

Last edited by JohnRain; Jun 29, 2017 at 4:08 am
Old Jun 29, 2017, 7:34 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Fantastic TR and congratulations 50 TR's wow that is some going. Went to Seychelles for our honeymoon, many years ago 1975 to be precise. What amazing photos and so clear the water you were jolly lucky, and so nice that only being on the island for 4 days you had good weather. I will have to start reading all the other TR's you have done.^
Old Jun 29, 2017, 3:21 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Airmiles AMEX-MR Alaska Airlines
WOW the phantom copter shots are spectacular! now im tempted to take mrs.i to the seychelles for the 6 year anniversary.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Amazing pictures and very nice TR, Seychelles is one place I have not been to. But 100 Euros for a meal, wow, thats expensive.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
deleted
Old Jun 29, 2017, 7:01 pm
Suspended

Fantastic TR!! Funny enough was looking at hitting up the Seychelles next year. Only problem is we don't fancy a 16-hour flight to Dubai or Doha from LA/SF....

How much would you suggest for food per day. We are not drinkers so just for meals? Also, if you are staying at a resort such as Hilton etc, would you suggest renting a car for the days to go and explore?

Thanks again for sharing!! ^
Old Jun 29, 2017, 7:50 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
DanielW Happy 50th ................Trip Report

What awesome photos of such an awesome place. As always, thank you for sharing!!
Old Jun 29, 2017, 8:02 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, IHG Gold, HH Silver
Great report, Daniel. Looks like you had an awesome trip - I remember a while back watching a Just Planes DVD about the Seychelles. It looks like a beautiful place!
Old Jun 30, 2017, 11:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nequine
Another great TR from you Daniel.

Wow at the colour of the water there, so clear especially the pics you took from the air!
Thank you, nequine. Yes, the water clarity was amazing, both above and below.
Originally Posted by JohnRain
Mexico City, Havana, New York and now the Seychelles...your risk tolerance is more and more resembling mine, DanielW.
Or maybe this TR is from your twin brother sipping mojitos in paradise while you're crossing the Hindu Kush on the back of a donkey...
Ha ha, JohnRain! Yes, maybe I'm getting too comfortable with my trips. Just got back from a trip to Belgium, and got to enjoy some nice tripel's in Brussels.

Originally Posted by BA5E
Fantastic TR and congratulations 50 TR's wow that is some going. Went to Seychelles for our honeymoon, many years ago 1975 to be precise. What amazing photos and so clear the water you were jolly lucky, and so nice that only being on the island for 4 days you had good weather. I will have to start reading all the other TR's you have done.^
Many thanks, BA5E. Yes, we were very fortunate with the weather, we have heard that some people have had the misfortune to have rain for their 7 day stay! Seychelles must have been a beautiful place for your honeymoon, definitely paradise.
Originally Posted by injian
WOW the phantom copter shots are spectacular! now im tempted to take mrs.i to the seychelles for the 6 year anniversary.
Thanks, injian. Seychelles would a perfect place for our anniversary, such a relaxing, easygoing place.
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Amazing pictures and very nice TR, Seychelles is one place I have not been to. But 100 Euros for a meal, wow, thats expensive.
Cheers, djjaguar64. The local bar was offering a buffet for ~40 euro's a head, so while the 100 euro's for two wasn't cheap, it wasn't too bad.
Originally Posted by SgtRyan
Fantastic TR!! Funny enough was looking at hitting up the Seychelles next year. Only problem is we don't fancy a 16-hour flight to Dubai or Doha from LA/SF....

How much would you suggest for food per day. We are not drinkers so just for meals? Also, if you are staying at a resort such as Hilton etc, would you suggest renting a car for the days to go and explore?

Thanks again for sharing!! ^
Thank you, SgtRyan. Yes, unfortunately it's a long way from most places. Our cheaper meals (pizza, sandwich etc.) were about 10 euro' each. A nice meal at a restaurant was 50 euro's each, and the dinner buffet at the resort was 70 euro's (although included in our package).
Taxi's are not very cheap, so if you want to do some exploring, a cheap car rental is quite common.
Originally Posted by Madone59
DanielW Happy 50th ................Trip Report

What awesome photos of such an awesome place. As always, thank you for sharing!!
Many thanks, Madone59. Yes, it was a great getaway from Dubai, will definitely have to head back there!
Originally Posted by 757
Great report, Daniel. Looks like you had an awesome trip - I remember a while back watching a Just Planes DVD about the Seychelles. It looks like a beautiful place!
Thanks, 757. Yes, a very wonderful slice of paradise.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I hate to have nothing to add vs. the previous comments, but your pictures have pushed me further toward getting my dive cert, and it's particularly inexcusable that I haven't yet because a mutual friend that I've traveled with is a certified instructor.

Unfortunately I don't think I'll be wondering through DXB this year, so let me know if you're on the same continent!
Old Jul 1, 2017, 3:07 am

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Great report, as always DanielW - thanks for sharing. I have some unfinished business to attend to in the Seychelles (was last there aged ~3) and your report is one more reminder of why I should make it a priority to get back there!

How was ET's A350 on the way home? Any noticeable improvement in Y class vs their older/smaller birds?

Last edited by mad_atta; Jul 2, 2017 at 8:20 am
Old Jul 2, 2017, 4:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I hate to have nothing to add vs. the previous comments, but your pictures have pushed me further toward getting my dive cert, and it's particularly inexcusable that I haven't yet because a mutual friend that I've traveled with is a certified instructor.

Unfortunately I don't think I'll be wondering through DXB this year, so let me know if you're on the same continent!
Many thanks, krazykanuck. Definitely recommend getting your dive cert, really opens up a whole new world underwater. The basic open water course only takes a few days and then you're set for life.
I hope to get back to the US sometime, have to make the most of my 10 year B-1/B-2 visa.
Originally Posted by mad_atta
Great report, as always [d]DanielW[/b] - thanks for sharing. I have some unfinished business to attend to in the Seychelles (was last there aged ~3) and your report is one more reminder of why I should make it a priority to get back there!

How was ET's A350 on the way home? Any noticeable improvement in Y class vs their older/smaller birds?
Thank you, mad_atta. Yes, you certainly could do alot worse than make a return trip to Seychelles.
The ET A350 was nothing too special in Y, didn't notice anything too different from their 777's and 787's anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.