Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Ciao, USA | Delta One and AA Business class to Rome, Florence and Cinque Terre

Ciao, USA | Delta One and AA Business class to Rome, Florence and Cinque Terre

Old Feb 26, 2018, 7:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Rome in Pictures

At the risk of being banned from the Trip Reports board, I’m going to resume my 6-month old trip report with the hope that at least one person is curious how our trip to Italy ended. I’m going to post a couple more parts; one covering Rome, one covering Florence and Cinque Terre, then our return on American’s 772 in business class from FCO to JFK.

I’m going to take you on a quick tour through Rome and detail what we thought were some of the highlights along the way.

After clearing immigration at Fiumicino (where no one else was in line), we headed to the train station to take the Leonardo Express into the city. You can buy tickets at the station, but it’s important that you get them stamped before boarding the train. If i recall it’s about 14 euro per ticket one-way, regardless of whether that is to Termini or to the airport.

Empty customs line at FCO.

Ticket station.

Validation.

Leonardo Express.

Seating inside the train is nice - large suitcases will have a bit of an issue finding space on the cargo racks, but there wasn’t ever a capacity issue, so our bags were able to stay right by us the entire time.

Seating.

Our hotel for this trip was the Boscolo Exedra, a Marriott hotel located near Termini. I wasn’t really thinking ahead, so I only have a handful of images from the room. It was a standard room with a king bed, almost no view and a lot of open space. Anyways, we didn’t come to Rome to stay in our hotel room. The location of the hotel was extremely convenient for us, as it was a quick walk to anywhere in the Municipio I area, and within a mile of most major things to see in the central area of the city. Also, its location near Termini means its a quick hop to get on the trains in/out of the city.

Exterior of the hotel.

Lobby interior.

Hotel hallway.

King bed.

Sitting area.

Bathroom. (Messy by us, not discovered this way.)

There’s thousands of years worth of history in Rome, along to almost limitless sights and restaurants. I’m not a Roman expert, so I won’t bother to explain everything along the way, but rather present to you a handful of my favorites.

Church.

Trevi.

Pantheon.

Square across from Pantheon.

Back street.

Colosseum.

Church.

Vatican.

Beer. (And some Boulevard stickers!)

Eternal City.

Thanks for letting me pick this back up. I have a couple more stops to add, which I hope to put up over the next couple days!

Last edited by mccluresonthemap; Feb 26, 2018 at 8:12 pm
Old Feb 26, 2018, 10:27 pm

Programs: AA; Delta GM
Thanks for posting all those lovely photos of Rome! I have changed planes there, but I haven't BEEN there in a few years. What lovely memories your photos brought back for me!
Old Feb 27, 2018, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
I like Rome and my GF wants to visit soon. So thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.