Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Yikes!! House hunting in Manhattan... via Virgin America and American First Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yikes!! House hunting in Manhattan... via Virgin America and American First Class

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2017, 3:09 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium
That looks a very nice hotel you were in!

Love the pics of NYC, you so seemed to capture the spirit of the city... and love how you got in the Naked Cowboy too!
Old Jun 9, 2017, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Have you thought about moving into one of these hotels?
Old Jun 10, 2017, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Wow, what a minibar. By the way my girlfriend wouldn´t eat one bite from a plate with a skull......
Old Jun 11, 2017, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Bretteee
Very interesting about Denver neighborhoods for Condos you suggested. My nephew also suggested Cherry Creek. And yes I noticed the Four Seasons Residences. They look great. Most of the units though look as if they are 2,000 sq feet and larger. I wonder though if they have good resale value. Thanks for your input.
Thank you Bretteee. We are in Denver this weekend and staying at the Four Seasons. Not really that impressed. Tired and in need of a make-over. Probably one of the weaker hotels in the chain. Inconsistent service and the signature restaurant The Edge is a still a meh. Resale value at the Residences seems to be good although price increases in a red hot Denver market have probably been held down due to all the construction around the Four Seasons including a now near complete adjacent 50 story office complex which unfortunately obliterates the previously wonderful city views from at least 25% of the residences.

Originally Posted by JHIN
So has there been a house decision yet?
Yes, sort of. New York is officially out. Great place to visit but in the end, without a full staff, for us too difficult a lifestyle change. Thanks JHIN.

Originally Posted by nequine
That looks a very nice hotel you were in! Love the pics of NYC, you so seemed to capture the spirit of the city... and love how you got in the Naked Cowboy too!
Thank you nequine. It was a great weekend.

Originally Posted by Calchas
Have you thought about moving into one of these hotels?
LOL. Now that's an interesting idea. @:-)

Originally Posted by offerendum
Wow, what a minibar. By the way my girlfriend wouldn´t eat one bite from a plate with a skull......

Last edited by SFO777; Jun 11, 2017 at 12:16 pm
Old Jun 11, 2017, 9:57 pm

Programs: UAL, AA, AS, CX
SFO777 you might find this interesting that San Fran is the #1 city with the most migrants coming from SanFran to Seattle annually now at near 90,000 people. We're getting 1,000 people moving here weekly overall. NYC & Chicago are the #2 & 3 slots, respectively. In case Seattles an option for you. You'd be joining the rest of the crowd, LOL.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 8:56 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Sorry that you haven't found your new home yet, but LOVE the photos from your recent trips - thank you! We're flying up to NYC in a couple of weeks, but I don't think we'll be enjoying the same things ;-)
Old Jun 13, 2017, 10:16 am

Programs: BAEC, Delta SkyPesos, VS FC, SQ KF, AA, HHonors
Well executed, as always.

I am happy to see that VX's product is holding up well, as I am taking them in F next week HNL-LAX. I last flew it in 2014 FLL-LAX and loved it - the seat/cabin, the beverage selection (esp the non-boring non-alcoholic choices). Even though VX loses a lot of points here on FT for being non-lie flat, I fall more into the MrsSFO777 camp that takes a more...holistic...view of the entire product offering.

It's a shame that AA is still blowing it on the transcon soft product. I flew it in J shortly after the 32B inaugural flight, and it was a disaster. The leading J FA spilled wine all over a passenger, food was bleh, wine list cheap, and the sundae was sickeningly sweet.

AA's main highlight is the self-serve bar in the JFK F lounge (I hate a tended bar where anything decent is airport bar price + tip).
Old Jul 15, 2017, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Just catching up with Round 2.

The AS looks lounge looks incredibly dated. I was refused entry back in January when I chanced my luck with an AA domestic F ticket (connecting to BA international J) as oneworld Sapphire at the time. Seems like I didn’t miss much.

The VX amenity kit is dreadful, but one isn’t really needed on domestic day flights (except perhaps some hand cream and lip balm). The menu looks smart, and the place settings vaguely elegant for a domestic service; certainly better than AA F on the same route.

I think you forgot to post the last three sections to FT?

The Mark looks very elegant, although the bar is pretty odd. Some great images from the Upper East Side; I need to explore that area more, along with visiting the Guggenheim, on my next visit to the city.

jetBlue looks pretty novel, although I see they still insist on serving PDBs in plastic glasses! Are the single seats sold at a higher price? The meal service looks novel too.

Thanks as always for an enjoyable read. So are you staying put on the West Coast for now?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.