Wiki Posts
Search

SYD to LHR on a Plane

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2004, 4:17 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Well Goldflyer, at last I have found this thread. I feel honoured to have featured as a "duty free" purveyor.

I'll never look at the control panel for a F seat again without silently laughing. Then again, its most unlikely that I'll ever see another F control panel anyway!
Old Mar 9, 2004, 12:47 am

Ah, like, so, Mr. Goldflya, do ya have another report for us? or are you going to leave us hanging in the dust???

Thanks!
Old Mar 10, 2004, 10:12 pm

Programs: Marriott BONVOY PLAT Lifetime PLATINUM, 16 years elite; AA 2MM LTPlat, UA, US, DL
oh my gosh - read in nearly one sitting, except for the G&T breaks....as one who once slept on the chocolates on Royal Caribbean and awoke to horrible first impressions >> kudos to your incredible style and multi-layered wit! My ribs hurt and I have a few new crow's feet! Script this!
Old Mar 11, 2004, 1:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: QFF WP :-0, AC, FlyBuys, Porter's Liquor Store, Mother's Helper
It’s been a while since I checked into this story but it’s very gratifying that I’m still on the front page. I notice a slow trickle of new readers and to all you’re as welcome as a platoon of soldiers at one of Mother’s fabulous theme party’s she so loved. She would give her all. The planning was meticulous and exhausting, so much so that invariably once the party was started she often had to go to her chamber for a rest – perhaps she was just overcome. Luckily her guests were always so grateful and would pop in to see how she was getting on. Needless to say, from décor to canapés to derričre, they were always a triumph. A Freddie, how nice so many awards pending I feel like an invention awaiting a stamp at the US Patents Office. Now where shall I have it scribed? No it wasn’t a question.

RichardMEL, feel safe for now my friend but as a fellow co-habitant of the Qantas Forum you may just become fodder to the crazy mind some day.

Og, did you see someone in this report you knew? I suppose it’s inevitable with such a common name you must get this sort of situation all the time. Now, talking of situation
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2"> I'll never look at the control panel for a F seat again without silently laughing. Then again</font>
Go right ahead, laugh out loud, the cabin up front can be a little pompous and could do with a little light relief. Other than that well, the control panel is not something to be laughed at or have I missed something altogether here.

Now Lisa with a double A, A smart girl about town from Colorado should really be drinking that gin on the rocks unless you’re from Boulder of course. SO sweet of you to join the party even if it is rather late – we all love a party girl and Mother was indeed the Princess of them all so you’re excused. In fact if you’re from Boulder you will share something in common with her albeit her bolder is manifest as a rather unique gravesite. Never been there myself, Boulder that is but the mere name just brings Mork and Mindy flooding back together with nylon jackets stuffed with enough fibre to keep the entire Country regular for the remainder of this century, oh, and of course big hair but that is a hazard of my job so I have learnt to deal with that effectively – a simple but delicate art of swaying with the nods and movement of the person speaking with you without looking like a you’re in a boxing ring with Mike Tyson. It’s an art really if it is done gracefully and the swayee maintains the composure of a synchronised swimmer. I’m 99% certain that the IOC are seriously considering it as a sport in the Beijing Olympics.

Now, Interflub, such a sweet 100-mile an hour soul. You must stop visiting me or there may be talk. To work on your own report and report back whence complete. Cadet training was not such a waste after all perhaps.
Old Mar 11, 2004, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
GoldFlyer, my only trip to and from Australia through SIN was hardly as enjoyable as yours, and reading your story has made me decide never again to ride in the WHY class. (I'll have to collect a lot more of those gift card miles first, but your dissertations make it also seem well worth the funds to buy the tickets right out!)

Nothing spilled on my long trip but I sure wish it had because it seems to have made for some rather enjoyable reporting here in the FT! Anyway, I'm planning on moving up to the front of the plane in hopes to toast some fine wine with you, mate!

Great work. Great laughs! Keep it up.
MM
Old Mar 11, 2004, 8:01 am

GoldFlyer, I will never again pass through F or J on my way to WHY without wondering if you're hiding in the changing room, waiting to visit your suave self on the unsuspecting FA who may find heself in your path.
Cheers (or, in local vernacular, "Yew done REEL good!"
Old Mar 11, 2004, 12:11 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by GoldFlyer:
Needless to say, from décor to canapés to derričre, they were always a triumph.
( &gt;&gt;&gt; too much!)

A Freddie, how nice so many awards pending I feel like an invention awaiting a stamp at the US Patents Office. Now where shall I have it scribed? No it wasn’t a question.

Now, Interflub, such a sweet 100-mile an hour soul. You must stop visiting me or there may be talk. To work on your own report and report back whence complete. Cadet training was not such a waste after all perhaps.
</font>
Very cute mate, cheers (and stuff ).
I love the top line, a classic.

Cadet training went well and I have a good teacher. Also Seat 2A and B747 get some of the credit. The report is a fait accompli, so, I have more time to annoy you, smile.

As for the Freddies No! We only give those to airlines, like the Proud Bird with the rotten tail, for a start, who screw over their best passengers.

One never sees a proper airline like Silverbird, hence AA, receive such an accolade.

So far I don't see you, oh never mind, but you get the idea mate.

Anyways, keep up the good work and I think I am going to request another trip report from ya, cheers.

and it is InterFLUG, with a G, German for flight. Get that right, or you may be going for a ride, now that I have completed the serious report. he he he

Old Mar 14, 2004, 9:38 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
I just discovered this thread.

I haven't laughed/cried that much in a long time, took 3 vodka tonics to get through it all.

Goldflyer, you are amazing.
Old Mar 16, 2004, 7:11 am

Programs: AA PLT; SPG G
A tip of the toupee and a Balthazar of the best Turkmenistani champagne to this T. C. Boyle of Trip Reports.

------------------
...or passengers swim.
Old Mar 17, 2004, 8:15 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by taupo:
I just discovered this thread.</font>
Where have you been hiding?

Dave
Old Mar 18, 2004, 10:28 am

So, spoiled and pampered one, are there plans for a new trip report?

There may be a couple of Vodka Doms in it if you agree, call it a sign on bonus.
Cheers.
Old Mar 22, 2004, 8:02 am

Brilliant! reminds me of a foggy trip or two from my misspent youth...
Old Apr 2, 2004, 2:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: QFF WP :-0, AC, FlyBuys, Porter's Liquor Store, Mother's Helper
Originally Posted by taupo
I just discovered this thread.

I haven't laughed/cried that much in a long time, took 3 vodka tonics to get through it all.

Goldflyer, you are amazing.
Only three, goodness me, you are a slow drinker or a fast reader. I hope you venture out to try the Vodka Dom at some stage, perhaps on your up-coming journey down to AUS.

Interflug, an artist must gain inspiration and as tempting as your offer of free drinks is, I have a heavy schedule at the moment since being back at work so patience mate.

Inspiration will come in a strange form, normally a crowded nightclub and in the wee hours of the morning. @:-)
Old May 1, 2004, 12:35 am

Programs: AC, WN, AA
Curse you Gold Flyer! How will I ever deal with a trip in WHY? class ever again?

****! I think I broke some ribs from the laughing.
Old Jul 16, 2004, 9:48 pm

Location: BKK, formerly Irvine, CA, UA 1-k-MM, Hilton-gold, Gold Starwood
Way to go, what a wonderful uplifting story.
Regards,
Robert

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.