ˇBienvenido a Cuba!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ˇBienvenido a Cuba!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2017, 11:52 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Thanks very much for sharing! Got some useful tips from this report as I'm planning on going to Havana.

Also, was the flight long enough to have drink service?
Old Mar 4, 2017, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Thanks very much for sharing! Got some useful tips from this report as I'm planning on going to Havana.

Also, was the flight long enough to have drink service?
Thanks!

Yes it was. They served the normal selection of beverages on the flight plus peanuts.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 10:47 am

Beautiful. Would love to go. But also to the beach resorts.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bretteee
Beautiful. Would love to go. But also to the beach resorts.
Varadero is a short drive from Havana and has plenty of those. Only downside is people say the food is bad.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 12:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Thanks for sharing this magnificent and useful TR. I had considered a trip to Cuba when the restrictions were lifted, but the hotel/lodging situation still seems a bit fluid for my tastes. The older I get, the less willing I am to put up with ... irregularities.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 1:59 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Airmiles AMEX-MR Alaska Airlines
ChiefNWA, thank you for sharing your TR to Cuba. The pictures are awesome.

Were you in the group of people who liked or disliked Cuban food? From what I have heard, its a bit bland.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 9:50 pm

Location: AA-Plat 7 Mil, UA-Plat 2 Mil, BA - Silv., KLM/AF- Plat, Bonvoy-Plat.
Great TR. Photos were amazing. Made Havana look enticing. I went for a long weekend and wasn't impressed. Glad I saw it but won't be going back. Talked to a waitress at that ice cream store and she makes $10 US a month! Not one person I talked to likes the current government. Its a real tragedy the government has let the country fall into such disrepair. Havana used to be a beautiful city.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 11:08 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
Thanks for this. I'm going in a few weeks and couldn't Be more excited
Old Aug 7, 2017, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RandomBaritone
Thanks for sharing this magnificent and useful TR. I had considered a trip to Cuba when the restrictions were lifted, but the hotel/lodging situation still seems a bit fluid for my tastes. The older I get, the less willing I am to put up with ... irregularities.
Airbnb was perfectly fine at the time. I'm not sure what the situation is now though.

Originally Posted by injian
ChiefNWA, thank you for sharing your TR to Cuba. The pictures are awesome.

Were you in the group of people who liked or disliked Cuban food? From what I have heard, its a bit bland.
I was in between. Some of the food we had was 'good' but not great. I didn't have any food that I thought was bad.

Originally Posted by MileTex
Great TR. Photos were amazing. Made Havana look enticing. I went for a long weekend and wasn't impressed. Glad I saw it but won't be going back. Talked to a waitress at that ice cream store and she makes $10 US a month! Not one person I talked to likes the current government. Its a real tragedy the government has let the country fall into such disrepair. Havana used to be a beautiful city.
It certainly is a tragedy what the country has become. Hopefully the influx of tourism will help open the eyes of the locals and spark the desire to better the country. A regime like Castro's will only fall when the populace takes control.

Originally Posted by flyupfrnt
Thanks for this. I'm going in a few weeks and couldn't Be more excited
Thanks and have fun!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.