Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Christmas on the Continent: Brussels, Paris, Lyon and Luxembourg (BA C, LX C)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Christmas on the Continent: Brussels, Paris, Lyon and Luxembourg (BA C, LX C)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2017, 8:31 pm

Programs: BA silver
Great report, enjoyed reading it! Thanks for posting.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 9:17 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Dieuwer
Charles, you may want to remove those photos that show your full name and confirmation codes.
I always get at least one of these comments, and while I appreciate it, the information being posted doesn't bother me.

Originally Posted by yhm71
Great report, enjoyed reading it! Thanks for posting.
Thank you I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 1:54 pm

<<[B]which I had a lovely talk with my seatmate and naturally, apologized for Trump (she was British),
<<

I enjoyed your report until you brought politics into it. Did your seat mate apologise for her politicians?
Old Jan 20, 2017, 4:33 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards; AAdvantage; Alaska Mileage Plan; Wyndham Rewards; Choice Hotels
Thanks for the Trip Report and the lovely pictures.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 9:19 am

Missing baggage at the start of Eurotrip would definitely make me lost my sanity. What a terrible thing to happen. Glad you can handle the situation.

Very enjoyable report, thank you for sharing.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 11:08 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Bretteee
<<[B]which I had a lovely talk with my seatmate and naturally, apologized for Trump (she was British),
<<

I enjoyed your report until you brought politics into it. Did your seat mate apologise for her politicians?
I hope you didn't take me seriously, it's one of my favorite running gags. Though to answer your question, she did apologize for Boris Johnson

Originally Posted by Loose Cannon
Thanks for the Trip Report and the lovely pictures.
You're very welcome, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Originally Posted by blueferrari
Missing baggage at the start of Eurotrip would definitely make me lost my sanity. What a terrible thing to happen. Glad you can handle the situation.

Very enjoyable report, thank you for sharing.
It was definitely an annoyance but all you can do is keep moving forward, right? Thank you for your kind words and I'm glad you enjoyed the report.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 10:58 am

Programs: BAEC and Hilton mostly
I read your TR with interest CMK10, but wasn't going to comment, being a little late to the party... however, I _really_ liked your defusing response to the introduction of 'politics'. If we can't make fun of our (worldwide) politicians occasionally, they might get thoughts above their station

Thanks!
Old Jan 21, 2017, 12:48 pm

Programs: BAEC
Nice report, looks like you had a fairly good time! Very annoying to have had your bag lost. Did you give BA the tag number in BOS? I've had my bag lost around 7-8 times over the years....comes with the territory! However, fo such a short trip, hand luggage only would have been a great idea! I just got back from a 10 day Euro/Israel trip just with a small backpack.

And regard European PDB, Alitalia serves prosecco in real glasses!

Last edited by shefgab; Jan 22, 2017 at 4:38 am
Old Jan 21, 2017, 1:49 pm

Programs: VA WP, NZ *A SG
Great TR. Im planning to visit both Zurich and Luxembourg this year.
Im curious as to why:
- you flew in a suit with no other clothes to change in to (suits are not made for comfort and even if Im flying EY A380 F I may wear and shirt and nice pants for checkin and boarding but always having comfortable casual clothes in my hand luggage to change into for sleeping onboard etc).
- why you didnt so HLO for a week trip for the precise reasons that you wouldnt be hanging around waiting for bags, and there is no chance your bag would get lost?

seems like fairly basic errors from someone who appears to be a very experienced traveller?
Old Jan 21, 2017, 5:11 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, IHG Gold, HH Silver
Nice report and photos from your trip! I'm sorry to hear about you losing your bag at the beginning of your trip. How extremely frustrating.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 5:14 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Excellent! Thanks for sharing.

Also congrats on graduating Law and finding a job! Expect some occasional PM's from me for pro-bono advice requests jk
Old Jan 22, 2017, 2:43 am

She should have apologised to you for a few others. Certainly not that one.

Enough said.

So many people seemto lose their bags that I try to fly Nonstop. Especially after Air Canada lost mine and never found it gain. I have been waiting 6 years now. What a nightmare if one is on vacation.

Last edited by Bretteee; Jan 22, 2017 at 3:14 am
Old Jan 22, 2017, 8:06 am

Programs: AA Concierge Key, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diam
Great trip report Charles; I LOVE Europe and going solo. Will be spending 3 days in Paris in March and have saved some of your wanderings to try out myself; including the food at Relais Entrecôte.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by Bretteee
She should have apologised to you for a few others. Certainly not that one.

Enough said.

So many people seemto lose their bags that I try to fly Nonstop. Especially after Air Canada lost mine and never found it gain. I have been waiting 6 years now. What a nightmare if one is on vacation.
You call out the OP for making a political comment (joke or not) in his trip report, yet you continue on with this?
Old Jan 22, 2017, 11:20 am

Programs: AA Concierge Key, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diam
Originally Posted by Flamenguista
You call out the OP for making a political comment (joke or not) in his trip report, yet you continue on with this?
+1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.