Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Should I do another trip report?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2002, 1:24 am
Original Poster

Should I do another trip report?

Hey everyone. It is great to have that report done and completed and I am getting some good feedback, here and from my personal e-mail list.

I am sorry that the "kids" came out and played and kinda, sorta wrecked it. I wrote to Randy and he's going to take care of it,
which I so much appreciate. Thank you!

As for the comments made, I apologize.

There are so many people on here making wonderful contributions and it is a couple of people who come on here and ruin it.
I am trying to get friends on here, in fact I am getting friends on here, so I don't need those headaches.

With that, give me some feedback if you want another trip report and we'll start one up.
Thanks, Michael

------------------
Michael
AA PLT,1 MLN Miles+
HH GLD, SCI GLD, MM SIL
LE PRESIDENT ETERNEL DE CAMAIR-CAMEROUN AIRLINES
Old Apr 12, 2002, 1:27 am

Programs: QF WP, LTG, QP on hold
Of course you should do more - I've really enjoyed reading about your trip to Oz!

Audrey
Old Apr 12, 2002, 1:29 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by falconea:
Of course you should do more - I've really enjoyed reading about your trip to Oz!

Audrey
</font>
Cheers Audrey, appreciated.

Old Apr 12, 2002, 1:29 am

Yes, absolutely, Michael. As I said in another thread, I always enjoy reading what you have to say.
Old Apr 12, 2002, 3:16 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by AAVeteranFA:
Yes, absolutely, Michael. As I said in another thread, I always enjoy reading what you have to say.</font>
&gt;&gt;&gt; thank you!!!

I think I feel another trip report coming along . Thinking of 3 options...
What about Egypt? Since all the Arab stuff was mentioned in the other one?

Thanks!

Old Apr 12, 2002, 3:41 am
Original Poster

The Egypt one would be interesting. All standby, interesting experiences, Pyramids and all..... let me know what you think!?
Busy weekend, but will try to get it started.

Old Apr 12, 2002, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Worldtraveler36:
[B]The Egypt one would be interesting. All standby, interesting experiences, Pyramids and all..... let me know what you think!?</font>
What about Burundi?! Nobody ever writes about Burundi!! If you've not yet flown there, by all means do so soon and then write a trip report about it! I want to read about Air Burundi's First Class service and those spectacular crocodile cutlets!

Nobody ever goes to Burundi for some reason...

And then there's MIAT Mongolian Airlines! What about their Golden Yak Service?

Old Apr 12, 2002, 9:50 am

Please do one on Egypt!! I've never been there and would like a better view from someone who has flown and been there than the tourist books have.

Don't worry, there are some of us out here that enjoy reading good reports so we can see what is out there to do and how to better do them.
Old Apr 12, 2002, 10:32 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Try the Four Seasons Resort that just opened in the Sharm El Sheikh.

They are running a promotion now until September 30. $138 per room, not per person, including buffet breakfast, tax and service charge.

This has got to be the world's cheapest Four Seasons.

There's also a Ritz Carlton in Sharm El Sheikh.
Old Apr 12, 2002, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Thanks guys(& gals), I think Egypt it is ... As time permits, will start it today, but the "BOOK" will take a bit...

As for Burundi, , will pass for now. I just cancelled South Africa and going to Australia instead for safety and security.
It was a strong feeling and I miss Oz so bad... that food at the Golden Century, awwwwwwwwwwww

If you want an adventure, go to Africa. A holiday/vacation, I think Australia does the trick...I will get back to SA, later... I would rather fly over Africa anyway, I loved doing that. With Cathay, just hit it at Mozambique...

I think Kenya would happen before Burundi...
I have flown Kenya Air and loved it...

Francohpile , you realize I am just doing a trip report on Egypt, not going there, now anyway. I like your idea...

-I have Australia via Hong Kong in less than 2 months, awwwwww, my bro's wedding in Atlanta right thereafter, and then I kinda, sorta, ah, need to plan my own wedding...
Plus, I need to pick a place for the honeymoon and I am driving her mad with always giving new ideas... I want Switzerland, she is heading to Bali...Do I want to sweat to death on the honeymoon? Been to Jakarta, Singapore, all over Malaysia. Carried a washcloth with me the whole time. Loved all of it! Oh, but the humidity LOL.

I will get back... Loved the Cairo Intercontinental. One of the best views of the city. We'd go out on the balcony and "park" it for a while, a few drinks, the Swissair Duty Free chocolates , and enjoy the view, and the horns... Oh yes, those Dam* horns... LOL

Thanks guys...appreciated...

------------------
Michael
AA PLT,1 MLN Miles+
HH GLD, SCI GLD, MM SIL
-CEO, PRESIDENT, AND
BIG SHOT OF LAX
Old Apr 12, 2002, 2:40 pm
Uli

We always want more trip reports!

Anyway, I would suggest to do a trip with you and then write a report together if you would

a) not steal anything from the aircraft
b) not stead anything from the clubs
c) do not try to take femals crews to your hotel
d) do not walk through eco in your F pyjama

... mmmm .... I think a) to d) is not possible for you, so no common trip report
Old Apr 12, 2002, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Uli:
We always want more trip reports!

Anyway, I would suggest to do a trip with you and then write a report together if you would

a) not steal anything from the aircraft
b) not steal anything from the clubs
c) do not try to take femals crews to your hotel
d) do not walk through eco in your F pyjama

... mmmm .... I think a) to d) is not possible for you, so no common trip report
</font>
&gt;&gt;&gt; ROTFLMAO&gt;&gt;&gt; Rolling on the floor laughing my A$$ off... someone just asked me what that meant, so spelling out in case...

Did I mention that I love Uli???

The only thing now that is possible not to do is take the female crews to my hotel-have never done that- though I did date a DL stew... My fiancee would be quite pissed at me if I did... I went out with a female friend that I have known for a long time... Ok, dinner and a movie-ended up that way, was read the riot act for it...UGH... what can I do?

I have to take everything from the planes and lounges... Also, it is fun to wear the First class "jammies" into eco... You have to go for walks to avoid DVT and also, it is fun... he he he

I would love to take a trip with you, preferably on LH so that you can upgrade me and get me into alles the Senator lounges...
Plus, I will show you how to strip a plane, more so if you travel with a bunch of my friends, it is terrible... ciao
Old Apr 12, 2002, 3:47 pm

Michael,
by all means, do another trip report, as long as you realize that by posting it in a public forum you expose yourself to possible negative feedback. And not from 'kids playing' as you so charmingly described it, but from our fellow FTers who have every right to politely disagree with, say, any narrow-minded, xenophobic, ugly-American-tourist remarks they come across.
If you don't want to see any negative comments following your trip reports, stick to your personal email list. In a community as large and diverse as FT, someone will find something to disagree with.
Old Apr 15, 2002, 9:56 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">xenaphobic[/B]</font>
isn't that an unnatural fear of Lucy Lawless?

Old Apr 15, 2002, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Xenophobic: The fear that you're being stalked by bowlegged anthropologists

Wait! That's Zeeenophobick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.