Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The “non AC” way of getting to HKG! - Part 2

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2002, 7:38 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">By the way, are the first class section and the business class section of the Silver Kris lounge any different? Are different services offered? Different entrances? Can you peek into the first class section?</font>
Same area, different area. You can't go inside if you are not flying F class, there are agents "guarding" the entrance. I don't know what's the difference since I've never been in the F lounge. It'll definitely be quieter and probably better food than the C lounge. The SQ C lounge was really crowded when I arrived from HKG [10pm].

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Another question. How are the reclining seats (for sleeping purposes) in Singapore Airline's C class, compared to ACs international - transoceanic J class</font>
AC's seat pitch is more generous than SQ. The SQ J seat is comfortable enough but it doesn't recline as far back as AC's J seat. I am not a big fan of AC's A340 J seat because it doesn't provide enough back support. I personally prefer the 747 J seats on AC. So it all depends on what AC aircraft you are trying to compare to.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">(I need a flat bed to sleep comfortably - although AC international J class reclining seats are somewhat more comfortable than T class, they still do not have the comfort level of a flat bed).</font>
What's T class?

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">PS-Just for my curiousity, I will look into what is involved in upgrading, from Singapore to Vancouver - on a RTW business class ticket.</font>
As far as I know, it's not possible and probably not worth it since you are paying this out of your own pocket. You'll do fine in J class IMO.

Old Mar 9, 2002, 7:42 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Thank you for your responses, Empress.

I meant to say "F" class, but typed in T by mistake.
Old Mar 9, 2002, 9:13 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Empress:
Too bad I have already started putting miles into my AC account to requalify for SuperElite. Otherwise, I would have started dumping miles into UA to make 1K.</font>
How many miles will you get from today 'til Dec 31. It may still be worth it. Perhaps after your next threashold bonus.

They'll comp you to PremExec, then it's double miles (UA metal & LH codeshare only!) and 500 miler's. You know the drill once 1k...

Come on Empress take the jump.... at least open an account. You can decide after Mar. 20th

BTW great reports!
Old Mar 10, 2002, 8:44 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Does UA comp the status of a passenger with a high tier account of a Star Alliance airline partner?
Old Mar 10, 2002, 3:43 pm

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by FlyerGoldII:
Does UA comp the status of a passenger with a high tier account of a Star Alliance airline partner?</font>
The policy says no, because as part of the Star Alliance partnership, they aren't supposed to poach the other airlines frequent flyers. However, they will occasionally make an exception to this. Search the UA Forum for a couple of threads on this.
Old Mar 11, 2002, 3:05 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by seanthepilot:
How many miles will you get from today 'til Dec 31. It may still be worth it. Perhaps after your next threashold bonus.</font>
I'll probably still have at least another 100K Q miles to go this year. I'll think about it before my next long trip. [Maybe I'll ask Rupert next week whether I should abandon Aeroplan. ]

Old Mar 11, 2002, 3:07 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by FlyerGoldII:
Does UA comp the status of a passenger with a high tier account of a Star Alliance airline partner?</font>
Try and ask your travel agent to do this for you. That's probably the easiest way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.