Search

Paris Do Saturday 16th

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2002, 3:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lots of shiny colors
Paris Do Saturday 16th

[A beautifull trip report brought to you by celbrian & friends]

My soon-to-become-friend ldsant had decided to come to Paris for President's Day week-end.

Of course as she's a real lady, she needed a formal reception committee .
Of course, FT being a place full of people just waiting for the excuse of flying somewhere nice to have a good meal, we ended up being 11 strong.

Those were the happy few!
arkangel (Monsieur et Madame)
Austman
belle3388
blairvanhorn (without Marlowe)
JOUY31
ldsant
mauld
Swim123
ScottC
soon to join FT "Beautifull San Fransisco Lady"
and me.

BlairVanHorn (who knows more about Parisian restaurants close to students premises than anybody I know) choose for us the Balzar close to the Sorbonne University. We had luch reservations under his name for a table of 12 at 1:00pm. (More info on the Balzar can be found at Frommer's and epicurious.com. The Balzar has been featured in articles by The New Yorker writer Adam Gopnik, including one entitled The Balzar Wars) [don't you love to copy/paste? ]

As I had decided to treat everybody to a typical French welcome, I woke up at 12:30, took a shower, spent 5 minutes deciding which pair of shoes would be most suitable for the occasion, hopped in a cab and arrived a fashionable 20 minutes late.

The rest is history now. Great food, even greater company and a smooth BEP session (Bribes Exchange Program) with Scott .

Pictures were taken too. I'll post them as soon as I convince myself that a digital camera is not only a cool-looking accessory but can also be used to share digital pictures... in the meantime, thanks to every participant for a lovely time!

[edited because I felt like it]

[This message has been edited by celbrian (edited 02-18-2002).]
Old Feb 18, 2002, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge Vintage®) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">[edited because I felt like it]</font>
More like: I didn't cut/paste/swipe enough out of someone else's original post to do this one correctly.
Old Feb 18, 2002, 4:27 am
Original Poster

Oh, you mean I should have cross-referenced it?
Old Feb 18, 2002, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Cell,

You forgot to tell the rest about the wonderful Duran Duran look sunglasses you were wearing when you entered
Old Feb 18, 2002, 5:49 am

(This user is waiting for more details to emerge out of this "report")

Old Feb 18, 2002, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge Vintage®) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">You forgot to tell the rest about the wonderful Duran Duran look sunglasses you were wearing when you entered</font>
lmao!
Old Feb 18, 2002, 6:36 am
Original Poster

Quit making fun of me! I have the pictures (somewhere) and I'm not afraid to use them!
Old Feb 18, 2002, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh come on cellby... no single photo of me could look as silly as you getting hit on by the lipstick finding man outside the restaurant
Old Feb 18, 2002, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's right, Celby, you keep trying to figure out how to work your Suzy Homemaker "digital" camera (lol!). Just don't trip over those big gold logo buckles on the boots you wore to lunch! (P.S. Black "leather" jackets with brown leather designer boots may be the height of fashion on the Right Bank, but here on the Left Bank they look rather gauche.)
Old Feb 18, 2002, 7:46 am

Programs: Qantas, Hilton, IHG
My trip report (at least what I remember of it):

1 trip to Paris
2 flights leaving two French seatmates somewhat bewildered
2 lunches
2 dinners
1 expat party
many bars
much wine
some broken glassware
cosmetic advice
some exasperated looks from waiters, shop assistants, bar staff, RER passengers and (?) FTers.

Thanks.
Old Feb 18, 2002, 8:43 am
Original Poster

See what happens when I give advise on wine?

Blair, my shoes (pictures soon to follow... eventually) were "marron glacé". Notice I didn't point out that you were wearing the same clothes than at the London do...

Scott, who EVER said single photo? Don't any of you utter a word anymore, I have Photoshop and I'm not afarid to use it!
Old Feb 18, 2002, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bring it on tough guy....
Old Feb 18, 2002, 11:02 am

I guess I'll have to write a good trip report for my mini-Paris trip Feb28-Mar3, should be a joy connecting back CDG-IAD-EWR-ORD-SEA Now that's how to run the milage.
Old Feb 18, 2002, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
It was truly wonderful seeing everyone in Paris The advise on the RER was great, I actually got there before Arkangel & Mmme!!--who rented a car from CDG. All in attendance were fantastic company, the place you (Blair) picked out couldn't have been more perfect and now I'm just waiting for the pictures.
PS--thank you sooooooo much Scott for the 'dutch treats'!!-- As I was afraid of them melting, I just had to finish them all before I left town .
Old Feb 18, 2002, 2:03 pm

Programs: NW Platinum, Hilton Silver, 3 stays from Starwood Platinum!
So glad everyone had a wonderful time, I really wish I could have made it. What can be better than great company and delicious food?

Linda

BRING ON THE PICS!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.