Wiki Posts
Search

EWR-FLL on CO in F

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2002, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

EWR-FLL on CO in F

Continental 101 EWR-FLL Wed 1/16/02

Arrived at EWR around 4p for the 6:30 departure. Was expecting the worst but there were no delays whatsoever. Was traveling with my wife and sons (now 5 and 2). Did curbside checkin in about 2 minutes. Breezed through security without any lines. My family went first and without incident. I beeped so I had to do the strip: first the shoes, then the belt, then the wallet, then the wand search, then hand search, then the wallet through the xray. It only took a few minutes and soon I was dressed again and we were beyond security for the first time since 9/11. BTW we carried our electric toothbrushes on and they did not give us any problems.

Once into the terminal we checked out the new wing which was very very nice and settled into the newer Presidents Club near gate 120. We asked to be let into the family room and we spent a little more than an hour watching Scooby Doo videos and eating Scooby snacks. We were departing from gate 96 so we walked across the airport but found ourselves there with a half hour til boarding so we went upstairs to the Pres Club in that wing for a few more snacks.

Arrived at the gate at 5:50p. The gate agents were very orderly but were making announcements that the flight is very oversold and that they were offering $300 pp in exchange for a guaranteed seat on the 8:15p departure. I would have done it but the kids would have been a little worn out.

The plane was an internationally configured 757-200 with four rows in F. Boarding was through the forward door so everyone walked through first. Boarding began with rows 1-4. Heeding the advice on FT I waited til about 8 other people were in line so as to not be called over to the random search. We boarded after those 8 or so people and no one including us was randomly searched. As we passed the jetway door I heard the announcement for elite boarding.

We took our seats 2ABEF and put Noah into his carseat and let Joshua play with his new holiday present (Gameboy). Pre departure drinks and apple juice for the kids was given before the rest of the plane started boarding. We pushed back at 6:30p, took off at 6:50p and landed 20 minutes early at 9:10p. The flight was very smooth as was the landing. The service was very good (and although I am not complaining in any way, it was not as good as the service on my last flights EWR-LAX and LAS-EWR nor can the BF 757 cabin compare with the BF 767 cabin). Luggage came fairly quickly. Use of the forward F lav was permitted as was standing near the lav to wait for its use.

Having BF seats on a two and a half hour flights is not necessary but sure was nice. Entertainment was short video presentations using overhead screens only and not the in seat videos.

This was a dinner flight. My wife and I ate from the regular choices and the kids had Kosher meals.

Both meals were actually larger and more courses than I expected on this route and were very good. No menus were given but here they are for those who, like me, love to read the meal choices.

After take off:
-Beverage and mixed nuts in a foil pouch (not heated)

Dinner tray presented with:
-Large garden salad and dressing served with a bread plate and butter.
-Warm rolls offered from the bread basket.
-Wine offered

Main course choices served later:
-Chicken Teryaki served in a bowl with rice, pea pods, red peppers
-Steak
-Bread Basket and wine passed around again twice

Desert served later:
-Cherry Cheesecake
-Coffee or tea

I had the Chicken and it was sweet (they way I like it). My wife asked for just the rice and vegetable side dishes which were presented in bowl as well.

Kosher Meal:

Dinner tray present with the following each in a separate small dish:
-Smoked salmon wrapped around Tuna salad
-3 bean salad
-roll and margarine
-coffee cake desert

Entree was brought separately:
-Chicken breast in tomato sauce with wild rice and carrots.

Again, for such a short flight this was a lot of food and it was really good. Everyone had leftovers.

All in all an extremely good flight. Most importantly we arrived safely and early. And best of all for the others traveling in F the boys were really good. No crying, no screaming babies, no roaming the cabin. They stayed in their seats and behaved.

We are staying in Miami Beach the in laws so there is no hotel report this trip. We return next week on the brand new 757-300 and I will post a trip report upon return.

[This message has been edited by amazing nj (edited 01-24-2002).]
Old Jan 18, 2002, 5:31 pm

The food in CO F class seems better than on Delta F to FLL. Not bad for a 2 1/2 hr dmestic flight. And nice equipment.
Old Jan 18, 2002, 6:13 pm

I look forward to reading about your return in F on the 757-300.

[This message has been edited by dsimon (edited 01-18-2002).]
Old Jan 20, 2002, 7:40 am

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
Thanks for the report. I flew EWR>FLL about a year ago, and glad to see they still have a meal service on the route. Re the new EWR terminal, is there now a walkway between C2 and C3 (the new wing)? The last time I was in EWR, a while ago, you had to exit security and then re-enter to get to C3 where CO Exp operated near the new P club. Also how is the new terminal in FLL?
Old Jan 20, 2002, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jetsetter:
Re the new EWR terminal, is there now a walkway between C2 and C3 (the new wing)? The last time I was in EWR, a while ago, you had to exit security and then re-enter to get to C3 where CO Exp operated near the new P club. Also how is the new terminal in FLL?</font>

At EWR once you clear security you have access to the entire terminal.

At FLL we arrived at the closest in gate (C2) and did not really have a chance to see the terminal. We will look around when we depart.
Old Jan 20, 2002, 8:37 pm

Thank you for the great trip report. I love the specific details on the food service. Please post your return!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.