Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Anyone read the Trip Reports in Business Traveller Magazine?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2002, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP

Business Traveler is one of my favorite mags when it comes to what is going on in the airline world. I find their trip reports fantastic (there are usually 1-2 per issue). Most involve internation J class, but there are Y and F as well.

I subscribe to both the US and the UK editions, the UK being much more comprehensive. While there is some overlap, they target two different audiences.

Wouldn't it be great to be a reporter for the magazine, trying all these flights?!
Old Jan 17, 2002, 7:23 pm

Programs: AA:PLT&3MM, HGP:DIA, SPG:GOLD
Websites:

UK: http://www.businesstraveller.com/ -- click on "Tried and Tested"
US: http://btonline.com/

The UK version is excellent, but the US version sucks. Same is true for the magazines IMHO.

I don't know if there is an online version of the Asia-Pacific edition.

Old Jan 17, 2002, 7:56 pm

Hey guys, thank you! I just checked both online versions of BT into my fav. places.

I have wondered if the UK version was different from the US version? they look about the same and seem to just change the articles around.

Also, if you do find the Asia-Pacific edition online, that would also be greatly appreciated.

Are there any other editions? such as Africa? thanks.

------------------
MD
AA PLT,1 MLN Miles+
Hilton Gold
Sheraton Gold
Old Jan 17, 2002, 9:20 pm
das

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold
I like the FT trip reports better... they have more detail and are more candid. But I will admit the trip reports are the first thing I look at when I read Business Traveler.
Old Jan 18, 2002, 12:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge Vintage®) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
I've read these for many years (U.K. edition is the only one available here in France).

The Trip Reports have always been my favorite articles. Then I joined FlyerTalk and found this forum. I agree that the reports here are often much more interesting!
Old Jan 18, 2002, 8:56 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Great thread, and thanks for the links. I also enjoy the magazine. I used to read the AP edition a lot whils I was in SE Asia.
Old Jan 18, 2002, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG GLD, PC PLT SPIRE
I use to subscribe to Business Traveler and I really enjoyed reading the trip reports.

However, I recently let my subscription lapse as I found that for the cost the articles and information could usually already be found here on FT or some other web site for free!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.