Hunting for Snakes in Tuscon

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hunting for Snakes in Tuscon

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2001, 3:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Great trip report, Catman. But please permit a few clarifications.

I didn't change rooms on Saturday but merely reported the fact that the air emitted from the ducts was tepid rather than cool. I asked for a fan at 6:00PM but at 11:30 it still wasn't there so I had to ask again. I actually became attached to my little fan and subsequently schlepped it as I migrated to your room. I briefly thought about bringing it with me through airport security but figured the ES people wouldn't like that very much.

In your original room, there was no air at all, tepid or otherwise. The repair fellow confirmed that it was tripping a circuit breaker so he moved us. That pretty much ends the extent of any controversies there. I figured that I had worked hard enough just getting you the free breakfast.

Incidentally, I packaged up your leftover chicken quesadilla and figured I could hand it over to you when we hook up on Thursday in NJ. But my sh*ttle from LAX to PDX was late because it didn't have enough fuel and neither did I so I ate them instead. They were very yummy.

[This message has been edited by LarryU (edited 10-30-2001).]
Old Oct 31, 2001, 7:30 pm

Programs: NW Platinum, Hilton Silver, 3 stays from Starwood Platinum!
Cat had a chicken chimichanga with no beans and more rice. It's the restaurant in me, I'll probably remember that until the next time we meet in Tucson. LarryU had a #5. They also had no dessert, especially NO FLAN! But the nice woman said to call ahead next time, and she would make me flan.

Thank you everyone for all the work in planning this shindig. I enjoyed meeting new people and visiting with friends again.

Ling
Old Nov 1, 2001, 8:30 am
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

Well, I can't remember every little detail but thanks for the reminders. I knew I could trust you LING for remembering my meal. And Larry I hope you enjoyed it.

FYI FOLKS: Have to be honest but the STIFFS DO would have been more complete if PremEx was feeling well enough to come. I missed him there. He was sick and if you are reading this BIG BRUDDAR I hope you can check in and tell us how you are doing!

And Congrats on being the latest RUDI AWARD winner. I have a Lamb for you!

Finally, Acting Catcop Newself: the Commander says he hears your snoring in Jersey city so he furloughed you. I am trying to get your job back

[This message has been edited by Catman (edited 11-01-2001).]
Old Nov 1, 2001, 9:11 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Thanks for the fine report, CATMAN!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.