Wiki Posts
Search

Questions re:KLM WBC EWR-AMS/AMS-DEL

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2001, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA
Questions re:KLM WBC EWR-AMS/AMS-DEL

I just used 5 years worth of Worldperks miles to book WBC award tickets for my wife and I to India. We are on a NW/KLM codedshare (on KLM metal) EWR-AMS on a 767/AMS-DEL on a 74M. We have never flown Business class via KLM.
Does anyone have any advice on best seats in these aircraft, WBC lounges in EWR/AMS/DEL (do any have showers?), or good hotels in DEL. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Note: Also posted on KLM and NW pages
Old Oct 14, 2001, 10:14 am

Location: New York, NY, AA 4MM PLT, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG Platinum, CC Gold
ToddDeck, I've flown on the EWR-AMS 767 in WBC and I'd advise you to book on the 747 out of JFK if possible. The 767 does not have the WBC 60" pitch you'll find on the 747. The lounge at EWR is the Northwest Lounge which had nice snacks, out of service internet computers, and was a bit crowded. I don't believe there were showers, but I could be wrong. At AMS there is a large NW/KL lounge. Again I don't remember there being showers. Have a good trip.
Old Oct 14, 2001, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
I asked this question back in May - search the KL archive for it. I was warned about the 767s which may be staffed by Martinair cabin crew. A definite one to avoid.
Old Oct 14, 2001, 4:49 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
If you take AAPlatinum's advise & go for the JFK KLM flight--which I agree is a larger 'double decker' plane--you'll have use of the outdated NW Lounge at JFK. (I am assuming it hasn't been remodeled since I was there in 1999). It is rather small, dark & has room dividers separating the seating areas. I don't believe it (or the NW Lounge at EWR) has showers. In AMS the lounge is larger, but always seems very crowded. You should check the Schipol website as to the availability of showers--if memory serves me I believe there are some available somewhere in the terminal (not necessiarly in the Lounge).
As far as BC on KLM--I was not overly impressed. I sat upstairs on a 747 and while it seemed to be roomier than downstairs, and service was good (it was a very empty flight) I've found CO's BF to be a much better product.
Then again, as a 'jaded' BF/FC traveller--I tend to forget what it was like the first time I flew 'in the front of the plane'. You'll probably have a great time, and find that in the future traveling in the coach section is going to be tough!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.