Search

First flight after tragedy :( ORD-DTW

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2001, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hyatt Plat
First flight after tragedy :( ORD-DTW

9/28/01 NW 188 10pm

Unable to use internet check in, I arrived at the airport at 8.40pm for my 10pm flight. Check-in and security was a breeze and I was at the gate at 8.50pm. The previous flight arrived from MSP at 9.04pm and I counted 17 pax walking out. I assumed that my flight would have more than just 17 pax. And how wrong I could have been.

at 9.35pm, every pax for my flight was called up to the gate and she said that since there was only 9 of us on board, everybody was being upgraded to FC. Great, only 9/16 in FC and 0/64 in Coach.

Flight was smooth and pretty much quiet.

9/30/01 DTW-ORD NW 1151 10.50pm
Arrived at DTW at 9.45pm for my flight, again breezed through security. I noticed there was a lot more people this time. Didn't care much, watch SUNDAY Night Football. Settled into my coach seat and closed my eyes for the remainder of the flight. Sad to say, both flights will no longer operate starting October. I miss it coz I usually get out of work late on Fridays and it's tough to catch the 7.50pm flight in chicago's traffic

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.