Reload this Page >

PR 857, MNL-CEB, Business Class

Old Dec 11, 2000, 4:39 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier Platinum, DL Gold, Lifetime Bonvoy Titanium

The ticket agent at check-in was very friendly and made sure that I was aware that I had an invitation to the Mabuhay Lounge. He was very efficient. I received my boarding pass promptly. Since PR was using a 747-400 for this 349-mile journey, I asked if I could get seats in the upper deck. The agent politely informed me that since the business class cabin in the main cabin was not full, he could not honor my request. He explained that for safety reasons, they would have to assign a flight attendant in the upper deck if they accommodated me. Fair enough. I went to the Mabuhay Lounge to relax and get some snack. There was a variety of beverages, sandwiches, and cakes. A local dish, arroz caldo, was also served.

Boarding was timely and efficient. Hot towels were distributed and orange juice and Pepsi products were served upon boarding. The safety demonstration was conducted manually in English. The video system appeared to be out of service. The flight departed 30 minutes late. There was no explanation given by the airline staff.

The first three rows of the business class cabin were in a 2-2 configuration while the last four rows were in a 2-2-2 configuration. The seat pitch was generous at 56 inches. Each seat came with a personal video unit and adjustable headrests and footrests. The cabin was in good repair with the exception of the floor carpeting, which needed to be refurbished.

Despite the short duration of the flight (1 hour and 15 minutes), lunch was served. The choices were marinated fish or chicken on fettuccine sauted with baby corn and mushrooms. I ordered the chicken. The quality of the food was mediocre at best. Drinks were served in plastic glasses while coffee was served in plastic cups. Dessert was a coffee cake, which was equally as uninspiring as the main course. The best part of the meal was the flight attendants attentiveness. They were very friendly and very courteous.

The flight arrived in Cebu 25 minutes behind schedule. Economy class passengers were not allowed to disembark until all business class passengers had left the plane. Baggage from business class passengers was delivered in the baggage carousel before baggage from economy class passengers. B-
Old Dec 12, 2000, 2:25 am

A very special report on intra-Asian flight... According to friends, PR is not a bad carrier.

349 miles with a hot lunch service...
I guess I will try not to remember it on my next SFO-LAX Sh*ttle flight.

Thanks,
Carfield
Old Dec 12, 2000, 4:20 am

You know... Air China's 747-400 service between Beijing and Shanghai (old airport) has hot lunches too despite the 1:15 duration. Same with China Northwest, and China Xinhua... 1:30 flight between Beijing and Xi'an and were served good, hot meals. China Xinhua is the 'Southwest Airlines' of China I might add... maybe the real one should take note!

------------------
preez mine da pratform gahp.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.