A350 out of Gatwick in Business Class! CX344 LGW-HKG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A350 out of Gatwick in Business Class! CX344 LGW-HKG

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2016, 11:41 am

Programs: Marco Polo
Excellent write up there, I also really enjoyed your photos. The 359 service to YVR can't come fast enough, the refreshed J product looks quite nice other than the USB port move. Did you notice a difference in the width of the bed compared with the 77W ? I look forward to my first A350 flight in April.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX MPC DM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by KrazyTrain18
Excellent write up there, I also really enjoyed your photos. The 359 service to YVR can't come fast enough, the refreshed J product looks quite nice other than the USB port move. Did you notice a difference in the width of the bed compared with the 77W ? I look forward to my first A350 flight in April.
I think YVR wasn't planned as part of the first few A350 routes (at least from what CX's been telling us the past few years) and I'm still trying to get round the logic of that move. I can think of a handful of routes in Europe and N America which are more suited for the A350 - be that to replace the 77W or to add frequency. But it's certainly an up for YVR pax and would definitely boost CX's campaign to go against AC in offering a new and superior product.

I would say the new J is marginally wider compared with Cirrus 1.0 thanks to that added padding above the new storage space. But I'm quite slim so I didn't feel that much of a difference.

So you'll be flying out of YVR on the A350? Looking forward to a report from you after your flight too!

Last edited by freakinflyer001; Sep 19, 2016 at 9:50 am
Old Sep 19, 2016, 10:08 am

Just great. Thank you for sharing it!!
Old Sep 19, 2016, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by freakinflyer001
I think YVR wasn't planned as part of the first few A350 routes (at least from what CX's been telling us the past few years) and I'm still trying to get round the logic of that move. I can think of a handful of routes in Europe and N America which are more suited for the A350 - be that to replace the 77W or to add frequency. But it's certainly an up for YVR pax and would definitely boost CX's campaign to go against AC in offering a new and superior product.

I would say the new J is marginally wider compared with Cirrus 1.0 thanks to that added padding above the new storage space. But I'm quite slim so I didn't feel that much of a difference.

So you'll be flying out of YVR on the A350? Looking forward to a report from you after your flight too!
The A350 service to YVR definitely caught a lot of the CX frequent flyers off guard, however it does make sense in terms of adding frequency as it can use the 77Ws extra payload ability elsewhere on a route that has better use for it such as the new BOS frequencies. I wouldn't be surprised to see 838/837 to YVR also become A350 at some point due to the lack of F. In terms of the width of the cirrus seat I'm sure I won't notice much of a difference. I'll be on the A350 in May and will probably post a report here.

Thanks
Old Sep 23, 2016, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KrazyTrain18
The A350 service to YVR definitely caught a lot of the CX frequent flyers off guard, however it does make sense in terms of adding frequency as it can use the 77Ws extra payload ability elsewhere on a route that has better use for it such as the new BOS frequencies. I wouldn't be surprised to see 838/837 to YVR also become A350 at some point due to the lack of F. In terms of the width of the cirrus seat I'm sure I won't notice much of a difference. I'll be on the A350 in May and will probably post a report here.

Thanks
It might well make sense to the A350 on YVR, but I was expecting that to happen much further down the road, when the A350 has been put on current/started new "long and thin" routes. But that's just my two cents and CX themselves probably know best about how to properly utilize their new birds.

So will that flight in May be out of YVR or just a regional hop? Anyway, thanks for your comments!
Old Sep 23, 2016, 1:43 pm

Programs: Meh
Originally Posted by nwmgc
Great report and certainly an eye-opener for those familiar with BA Club World.
Flew BA LHR-HKG-LHR last week after years of CX, and will use CX for ever more. Can't wait to get back on CX.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by freakinflyer001
It might well make sense to the A350 on YVR, but I was expecting that to happen much further down the road, when the A350 has been put on current/started new "long and thin" routes. But that's just my two cents and CX themselves probably know best about how to properly utilize their new birds.

So will that flight in May be out of YVR or just a regional hop? Anyway, thanks for your comments!
No worries, I enjoyed the report! The flight in may will be out of YVR so I'm looking forward to the experience of a new aircraft and the refreshed cabin.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 8:09 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Thanks for this report, I have been wondering what the CX A350 is like.

The seat looks good; roomy as usual for a Cirrus seat, but with added handy storage like the under-seat space and the net pocket in the side cupboard door. Is it as long as it should be (at least about 1.8m long) and can you put both your feet next to each other at the end (no pointy little cubby hole like the newest AA seat for example) ?

It's good to hear the food quality is looking up a bit.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 8:11 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
(Duplicate, new FT editor is deceptive)
Old Sep 24, 2016, 12:19 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Glad to see that the choice of dessert is also rolled out ex-outports. Personally I view that as an improvement since the presentation has definitely been upped But the SP on my flight told me that it's a limited time promotion. I hope he is wrong!
Old Sep 24, 2016, 2:43 pm

Excellent flight report and lots of great pictures. A very enjoyable read.

Thank you for posting.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flatlander
Thanks for this report, I have been wondering what the CX A350 is like.

The seat looks good; roomy as usual for a Cirrus seat, but with added handy storage like the under-seat space and the net pocket in the side cupboard door. Is it as long as it should be (at least about 1.8m long) and can you put both your feet next to each other at the end (no pointy little cubby hole like the newest AA seat for example) ?

It's good to hear the food quality is looking up a bit.
Space has never really been a problem for CX's Cirrus J, there is plenty of room for your legs and would fit most in comfortably length-wise.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by G-CIVC
Glad to see that the choice of dessert is also rolled out ex-outports. Personally I view that as an improvement since the presentation has definitely been upped But the SP on my flight told me that it's a limited time promotion. I hope he is wrong!
Not only the presentation, but the chocolate mousse I had was actually delicious! I think CX can still improve on the dessert course but this is definitely a step in the right direction. Like you, I really hope it's not a limited time thing!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.