FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trip Reports (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports-177/)
-   -   Trip Report: ABQ-DEN-LAX (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports/178617-trip-report-abq-den-lax.html)

Carfield Dec 18, 1999 1:32 am

Trip Report: ABQ-DEN-LAX

Again... the same route... Since the flights are slightly different this time, I will type a quick report

UA 1430
ABQ to DEN Boeing 737-300 N333UA
The flight was late due to the late arrival of the incoming aircraft. It took only fifteen minutes to clear the aircraft. Boarding took place promptly at 4:51pm, and we pulled back at 5:21pm.

The check-in line was busy today and it took fifteen minutes (I am the third party on line). Anyway, there are only three staffs in the counter and the agents are busy rebooking passengers...

There was no pre-takeoff drink, due to the short turnaround time. However, there was only one round of beverage today. (The snack today was mini-pretzels. For some reason, my neighbor hated those pretzels so much that he decided to throw the pack into the floor. I hate those pretzels too, but did you need to react that way? The cleaning staff has to pick those bags up. Unbelievable!!!) The F/As looked rather tired today, and were not keen in impressing passengers today. The flight time is an hour (twenty minutes longer than normal...) Anyway, not a big deal. The flight landed twenty minutes late, but I had an hour and half for connection time.

UA 1639 DEN-LAX Boeing 747-400
Can't get the registration no on this flight. It was an OB aircraft.

Boarding took place at 7:20pm through two gates, which were always nice. I proceeded to the upper deck... my seat was 16H. F/A were much more friendlier tonight. They took the jackets right the way and offered a full beverage service for the pre-takeoff drinks. The upper deck was about 3/4 full. We pulled back at 8pm right on time, but did not take off till 8:25pm. We climbed to 35,000ft and it took use an hour and fifty-two minutes today.

A snack service was offered for first and business class. The meal service has changed and they used the new set of Noritake China. It was very nice, with the blue and grey design. It was simplistic with a sense of elegance. The choice was between a seafood platter (three shrimps and three pieces of smoked salmon, with a pasta salad) or a chicken sandwich with side salad. There was a fruit appetizer (for some reason, it was missing from my tray... but I did not ask why...) and a packaged piece of oatmeal raisin cookie. Better than the flight in October... definitely. However, I was hungry throughout the flight... Anyway, it was a nice flight... A hot towel service was offered before landing...

68B was the gate and LAX was a zoo tonight. Traffic everywhere, and my priority (first class) bags came out last... I waited half an hour for bags... United really needs to work on the priority bag issues. All the priority bags came out last...

Today's flights were average... nothing special... Looking forward to my weekend flights! Maybe I was not in the mood too. I was really tired today (after all those gradings...)

------------------
Carfield
Menu Scavengers
Inflight food critics
Crazy 8th grade teacher