Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Hotel Report: Hilton Short Hills, NJ

Old Dec 12, 99, 10:08 am
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

I'll start with the score: EIGHT PAWS UP AND A VERY RELAXED PPPURRFFECT FEELING after staying here.

Flyertalk get together here sometime?? I think we ALL could use some pampering!

10 Dec: Initial problem: lost my cell phone on the NJ Transit train. Had to cancel acct. I did NOT panic, and I'm proud of that.

After taking a car service from the NJTransit Summit Train station I got to the hotel. Everyone greeting me and holding doors and asking if I needed anything.

Got to check-in and my room was NOT ready (It's partially my fault: said I would get in about 2p. Next time: I'll tell them I'm coming at 11a.) So the consierge said I could check my bag and use the facilities.

Decided to take the free shuttle to the Mall at Short Hills across teh way to finish Christmas shopping (sorry folks, other then a few easy to get gift certificates, I'M ALL DONE!

A review of holiday shopping under OMNI coming.

After shopping, got my upgraded room to the towers floor. Very nice room with wooden furniture, nice bed, nice Towers service. Stopped and had a drink in the Tower lounge.

NJDavid and Helen remembered I was here and they took me out for an early birthday celebration to Benehanas. IT was my first time there and I had a lot of fun, great food and even better EIGHT PAWS UP COMPANY! Thank you Dave and Helen for taking time to see me!

An early evening to bed (not a heavenly bed but very close) to the next morning of my spa treatment.

A quick breakfast of Frosted Flakes and settling for a plain bagel since some snooty woman grabbed my Onion bagel before I could reach for it, then off to the pool for laps and a little time in the sauna.

The Spa is in a separate section of the hotel. Left my swim trunks and Shania Twain shirt behind to Change into a robe and headed for my first treatment: facial. The woman (SUN) told me I had early signs of Rosaria (red face condition) and I should watch alcohol consumption and cigar smoking and sun exposure (HOW WILL I LIVE?) Maybe it was because it was my first extensive facial. But after an hour I look like I had a facelift.

Then it's off to the massage with Lisa, who is a frequent traveler, just back from Thailand (She preferred the North Lion King) and was surprsied I didn't get there yet. She' son CO One Pass and I gave her several tips to get more miles for trips. I also gave her the Flyertalk address so I hope she signs up. Wonderful funny woman... She kept talking because I kept falling asleep!

OH! The Massage! I especially needed it on my back and hands... It was EIGHT PAWS UP! I felt so wonderful that she had to come in twice to wake me up.

The spa is pricey but It's worth it. ANd I charged it to my room so MORE HHonors points!

I've decided why wait for my birthday to do this. I plan to do this every six months. After all, we Flyertalkers need to be pampered every so often to revive from all that flying and traveling we do!

Search this Thread