Wiki Posts
Search

My weekend with Shania and MileCrazy

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 1999, 12:37 pm
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

My weekend with Shania and MileCrazy

Trip report forthcoming whenever I get home, but just wanted to say MEOW from MileCrazy and me from the Kinkos in Tampa.

Hope everyone's having a great weekend and NOT GOING OMNI (Acting CMDR CATCOP Newself: stop drinking that beer and watch out for OMNI!)

See ya'll in a few day. Shania's waiting for us in the LIMO!
Old Dec 5, 1999, 5:01 pm

Catman! You were in my hometown and I missed you!

I hope you liked the Ice Palace where your concert was. That arena usually doesn't get much use if the Lightning are on a road trip, but this weekend has had 3 major sold-out events there, two Backstreet Boys and one Shania concert. I've never been to a concert at the Ice Palace, but for every Lightning home game, I'm there at section 130, Row S, seat 10 (you see, you can be loyal to something not travel related!).

I hoped you enjoyed the Downtown Hyatt. Unfortunately I bet you can see that after 5PM, downtown Tampa is [d]dead[/b]. No nightlife there whatsoever.

I also like TPA airport. Hope you enjoyed it. They just finished two years of renovations (still putting on the finishing touches). Too bad UAL goes out for the worst airside, airside D.

Looking forward to seeing your trip report. Hope you had a great time in my town, and sorry I missed you!

BizJet

PS: Did you go to any of Tampa's three fine steakhouses? There's the chain Ruth's Chris in Westshore, by the airport, Shula's in the Sheraton Westshore, and the famous Tampa-favorite Bern's, a true experience!
Old Dec 6, 1999, 6:26 am
geo1004

Catman: If you pulled off a weekend with both Shania & Bern's Steakhouse, I will be soooooo jealous!!!

Old Dec 6, 1999, 7:32 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
I can report to you that the cat was in high spirits and ready for Shania on friday afternoon. I found him and Tgrove at the IAD C17 RCC just as advertised. I enjoyed a Becks dark as the others drank their Sam Adamses. While our time there was short (like an hour or so), I believe that a good time was had by all . Catman even convinced me to come to NYC for dinner on march 17.

And when I got home, my 1k kit was waiting for me (with card but no upgrade certs, NA or int'l ) (must be that love-hate thing again...)

[This message has been edited by kokonutz (edited 12-06-1999).]
Old Dec 6, 1999, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry Nuttsy...no gift upgrades with your 1K card earned mid-year. Gift upgrades will (or should) be included with your first of the year 2000 credentials kit.
Old Dec 6, 1999, 12:29 pm
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

Shania Concert review to come...

I did send her a card with the Flyertalk address so she can see an Unbiased view of the show!!!

Sorry Geo1004: you will be jealous. BOTH MIleCrazy and I did Shania *AND BERNS!!!*

A delicious restaurant review on that place to come as well!
Old Dec 6, 1999, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

BOTH MIleCrazy and I did Shania *AND BERNS!!!
Wow! I'm sure we'll be reading about this in the National Enquirer!!
Old Dec 6, 1999, 1:02 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
... (as PremEx just remind me ...) compares with my statement sometimes ago "I had him ..." - now where is that XXX-rating- and banning-committee?
Old Dec 6, 1999, 1:10 pm
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

CMDR CATCOP is also back and says WATCH THAT INNUENDO!! NAUGHTY NAUGHTY NAUGHTY!

Old Dec 6, 1999, 1:43 pm
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

Now, the SHania concert review...

MileCrazy and I walked into the Ice Palace, our hearts (and the hearts of hundreds of men there!) beating fast, waiting for the lovely lady to take to the stage.

We were NOT close to the stage, but WHO CARES!!! She just fills the auditorum with her songbird voice and beauty.

After this guy who sang like forever (he was horrible) and a brief intermission... Shania takes to the stage in a pink pantsuit and launches into her older country hits.

The surprising thing is a lot of WOMEN at the show too. Not all of them with guys/husbands/boyfriends.

One thing that impressed me even more about Shania is her interaction with the audience: recognizing the Twain Gang (a group of people who followed much of her tour) and fans who gave her flowers, a big stuffed dog, cards, etc. She also took a little 5 year old girl up on stage who said she knew all of Shania's song. So Shania asks her to sing one. Little "Shania" does "come on over, come on in..." (I don't think she understood what she was singing.)

Three costume changes during the show: from the pink pantssuit to the blue leather halter top and short shirt and boots to another pantsuit (I think this one was red.)

Shania also did a gospal number but WHY in that short halter top and shirt and boots (with a choir behind her.) I think she should have went into a conservative dress but that's just me.

She ended with "MAN! I feel like a woman" and told the screaming audience that she would see them in 17 months.

Many a man like MileCrazy and I cried at that news, and will count the months until her return.

So SHania joins a special group of FLyertalkers (PremEx and wingless and Rudi and Gisela) with the review score of...

Sadly, with so much security, MileCrazy and I could NOT get close enough to thank her personally for a wonderful show. But I think she knew by those two screaming good looking men in the dark!!! (one who looks like Mark Mcguire.)

EIGHT PAWS UP AND A WOW WOW WOW WOW (Well, only Shania gets the last part.)

OK! If CMDR CATCOP or anyone else is upset over the nature of this post, I can slightly edit it but it's just what I feel. OK? Honest and true.

Old Dec 7, 1999, 7:42 am
Original Member

Programs: CO Plat, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, Hertz President's Circle
catman kept insisting that he dreamed of shania every night that we were in tampa. i did not ask for details, but i must now presume that it has something to do with her pink outfits, since he vividly "remembers" her wearing one at her concert... but she never wore any pink outfits that night.

now i'm really perplexed. the first outfit she came out in (the one catman remembers as pink) was actually a skin-tight, leopard-skin masterpiece which left very little to the imagination. i'm beginning to think that catman was using a little feline x-ray vision that night...
Old Dec 7, 1999, 7:53 am
geo1004

milecrazy says:

"the first outfit she came out in (the one catman remembers as pink) was actually a skin-tight, leopard-skin masterpiece which left very little to the imagination."

Apparently my imagination is a bit more vivid than yours...

Old Dec 7, 1999, 8:43 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
... the newest James Bond (X-ray-) eye-glasses, are they already available in public?
Old Dec 7, 1999, 11:07 am
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

Well, this is what happens when I don't bring my little DIARY with me. I had to rely on my memory (which I guess was a little hazy.)

You are correct MileCrazy because I now can remember saying to you "It's the new CATWOMAN!" WE both yelled ME_OW-WOW-EEE!!!

IF those James Bond X-Ray glasses are at Sharper Image I will buy for a few of my closest BRUDDARS!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.