Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Serious Question About Earth's Curvature

Old Aug 14, 16, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

I am currently in debate with a group of people who just swear the Earth is flat. Yes there are many people that believe this lol. My question to you pilots being the foremost authority on such a subject is this. How many of you have witnessed an undeniable curvature in the Earth while flying, and at what altitude were you? I would really appreciate any input. I know its hard to take seriously but you will be helping a lot of people who are very confused lol.
Old Aug 14, 16, 3:11 pm

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
Originally Posted by JesseBecka Sprague View Post
I am currently in debate with a group of people who just swear the Earth is flat. Yes there are many people that believe this lol. My question to you pilots being the foremost authority on such a subject is this. How many of you have witnessed an undeniable curvature in the Earth while flying, and at what altitude were you? I would really appreciate any input. I know its hard to take seriously but you will be helping a lot of people who are very confused lol.
Just book an RTW ticket and you've got your proof. But I think this post doesn't belong into this specific forum..
Old Aug 14, 16, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Apologies. Perhaps a moderator can move it to the appropriate place.
Old Aug 14, 16, 3:26 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by bruce80 View Post
But I think this post doesn't belong into this specific forum..
Agree! Personally I never witnessed curvature in the earth, sorry. I didnīt think today people are really that uneducated. But somewhere you find always some survivers from other times....
Old Aug 14, 16, 3:31 pm
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
As this was cross posted in Travel Buzz, and seems to belong in OMNI as noted by obscure2k this thread will remain closed.

Madone59
Moderator: Trip Reports

Last edited by Madone59; Aug 15, 16 at 3:57 pm Reason: UPDATE

Search this Thread
Search Engine: