Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

jetBlue Mint Suite JFK-LAX... A great inflight experience! On the ground? Not so much

jetBlue Mint Suite JFK-LAX... A great inflight experience! On the ground? Not so much

Old Aug 14, 2016, 9:24 am

Programs: AA EXP, MR LT PPE, Arise Mucci des Hommes de Fer
I agree with you [B]SFO777[B], they Centurion Lounge at LGA is underwhelming and pretty far from the AA gates. DFW is definitely our fav with SFO next. Great report, thanks!
Old Aug 14, 2016, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Pretty much aligns with my JFK - SFO experience last summer.

Ground experience isn't great but as long as you manage expectations (I just visited a bar across from the gate which was fine) - the in-the-air experience more than makes up for it.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 2:10 pm

I don't understand why people think all animal on board is ESA. Maybe they're just pets that travel to the destinations with the owner. People are way too sensitive and judgemental these days without solid proofs. "Vivre et laisser vivre"?

And pretty sure snake poses threat to safety. Suggesting or comparing dogs to a snake is like asking for passengers to be allowed to carry guns to stop terrorists.

Btw, the food looks pretty good. But the green amenity box is a bit 2012.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by offerendum
Kill me, but I love it^
Ha! That one was actually pretty cute and well behaved as I recall.

Originally Posted by Madone59
Flying AS, praising UA, kvetching about Mint. We need to get you in the nose of a international three cabin plane with Mrs.SFO777 stat! Thanks for sharing more tales from the air. ^
LOL. How about Air France La Premičre next Sunday?
Thanks Madone59.

Originally Posted by LewDog
If I'm not mistaken, there's a super view of the TWA terminal from the Rooftop (including the old passenger tubes.) As for dining options, I can heartily recommend Baked By Melissa cupcakes!
OK, definitely will head for the rooftop next time.

Originally Posted by FallenPlat
Ah, the trifecta! The DFW Centurion lounge food indeed is WAY better than that at LGA; AA domestic wine is indeed barely drinkable ($8?); and those AA MD-80 first class seats are indeed wonderfully cushy, true sofas of the sky. Great report, as always.
I see we have the same good taste. Thanks FallenPlat.

Originally Posted by 764toHI
Completely agree with your assessment with the Mint experience - outstanding inflight (and too bad you missed out on the Brooklyn Roasting Company espresso!), mediocre ground service. The Mosaic / Mint check-in was underneath the exit sign in your first T5 pic.
Damn. I see it now in the pic. How did I miss it?

Originally Posted by SFflyer123
Nice report, SFO! Looks like a pretty decent product!
Thank you SFflyer123.

Originally Posted by pgh234
Excellent trip report as always SFO777.
I was taken back when I opened the JFK-LAX Mint thread and saw PNC Park
And feel free to judge away at the emotional service rodents. ^
Thanks pgh234. I enjoyed PNC Park but man was that a warm evening.
I'd forgotten about midwest/NE muggy summer nights.

Originally Posted by AAerSTL
Another great report SFO777. Mint is awesome as is the B6 Core experience if you don't mind flying Y. Hopefully their larger scale expansion will lead the majors to make some upgrades/enhancements to their product and actually compete.
Thank you AAerSTL. Sounds like B6 is planning to expand Mint service after they (wisely) lost out on the VX auction.

Originally Posted by 757
Thanks for sharing another great report with us, SFO777! JetBlue's Mint product looks very nice, and I like the presentation of the dishes, except I'd agree the place-mat is a bit odd, and why bother, if it doesn't even cover the whole table ... Looking forward for your next report!
Originally Posted by theshaun
SFO777, thanks again for posting and for what it's worth, I'm on your side.
Thank you 757 and theshaun.

Originally Posted by TheAAdmiral
I agree with you [B]SFO777[B], they Centurion Lounge at LGA is underwhelming and pretty far from the AA gates. DFW is definitely our fav with SFO next. Great report, thanks!
Thanks TheAAdmiral. That would be my ranking as well. The one I'd rate lower than LGA is IAH, which is far in the bowels of IAH that it is usually not practical to visit.

Originally Posted by Duke787
Pretty much aligns with my JFK - SFO experience last summer. Ground experience isn't great but as long as you manage expectations (I just visited a bar across from the gate which was fine) - the in-the-air experience more than makes up for it.
I think I'll try that strategy next time. Thanks Duke787.

Last edited by SFO777; Aug 14, 2016 at 6:18 pm
Old Aug 14, 2016, 8:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Dan Fearing makes DFW Centurion Lounge food excellent. If you happen to be in Dallas, take Mrs SFO777 to his restaurant for dinner at the Ritz-Carlton in Uptown Dallas - real nice Southwestern food there!
Old Aug 15, 2016, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SFO777
LOL. How about Air France La Premičre next Sunday?
Thanks Madone59.
Wow, that is really nice of you to invite me......I am touched. Unfortunately I'm busy, so you should take the wife
Old Aug 15, 2016, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Madone59
Wow, that is really nice of you to invite me......I am touched. Unfortunately I'm busy, so you should take the wife
So I should cancel those 2 other seats?
Old Aug 15, 2016, 2:29 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SFO777
So I should cancel those 2 other seats?
Oh, you have one for Mrs. Madone59 too - well in that case, where do you want to meet before the flight? How about the 9th green, at 9??

Have a great trip!
Old Aug 15, 2016, 8:55 pm
Suspended

This is literally the first trip report I have read on any website where I have to ask the OP, who do you think you are? My God just buy a private jet already so you can end your "suffering"...
Old Aug 15, 2016, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by SgtRyan
More emotional support animals. Uh-huh.

What an obnoxious comment. So what if that is the case? Who are you to judge?
Another human being who makes judgments every day just as you did calling an opinion you differ with "obnoxious."
Old Aug 16, 2016, 7:04 am

The signed car is a nice touch.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 8:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by tnt88
I don't understand why people think all animal on board is ESA.
I'm puzzled by the acrimony too. A dog or cat small enough to fit in a carrier underneath a seat -- as the original photo in this thread showed -- is a permitted B6 carry-on!

http://www.jetblue.com/travel/pets/

Not all in-cabin pets are ESAs.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by RandomBaritone
I'm puzzled by the acrimony too. A dog or cat small enough to fit in a carrier underneath a seat -- as the original photo in this thread showed -- is a permitted B6 carry-on!

http://www.jetblue.com/travel/pets/

Not all in-cabin pets are ESAs.
This is why:

All pets must remain inside the pet carrier while at the airport and onboard the aircraft.
In the OPs photo the dog is clearly running around on a leash on the boarding bridge which is unacceptable.

I don't have a problem with it if people want to bring a small animal onboard as a pet and keep it in its carrier, that's fine. It's when they're out on the seats, floor, armrests, etc. that I find rude and obnoxious.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 8:54 am

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
nice diss at AC bruh lol.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by airplanegod
This is literally the first trip report I have read on any website where I have to ask the OP, who do you think you are? My God just buy a private jet already so you can end your "suffering"...
LOL. Pretty rich coming from someone with a handle airplanegod.

Last edited by SFO777; Aug 16, 2016 at 12:38 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.