Search

quick ATL-MCI-ATL

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 1999, 7:50 am
Original Member
Original Poster

quick ATL-MCI-ATL

for my niece's 1st birthday...

21 day APEX of $148 is pretty good on DL, plus I have a $25 travel credit so $65 for 800 miles or so is a gooood value.

Again, I drive to ATL. Again, I swear never again!!!. The traffic is just too variable to make it a pleasant way to go. MARTA all the way.

Anyway, flt skd for 745p, posted delay til 805p (incoming delay) let me head out to the Int'l terminal to see if I can scope out LAPA airlines' flight to Buenos Aires. The posted flight to MEX is still at gate, so I can't see it (by the time we took off the LAPA 767 was at the gate). Dinner was Burger King-pretty poor one at that in D concourse. Flight 100% full MD88, trail mix and club soda. We got in precisely 2 minutes late.

Hertz Gold bus came by after about 5 mins (MCI is a "ride everywhere, walk nowhere airport where the planes are 25 yards from the curb) taking me to my Contour.

My brother and sister-in-law moved to Lee's Summit (as far as you can get from the airport and still be in Kansas City Metro, I think. 44 miles later I pull into the Comfort Inn. $65 is way overpriced for it, but it's walking distance from their house. Single room slightly smoky smelling--our parents drove in that morning from St. Louis.

Party a hit-about 20 people all inside b/c of the heat.

Sun PM-call for earlier flight. Rez says "the 1:15 looks good" so I hightail it out of there to the airport, drop off car (total bill only $40 for 2 days--MCI is cheap to fly into and cheap to rent from) and get to counter. Agent says "you're on standby, but I'll put your luggage on this flight". That sounds promising. Through security, check standby again, wait for a few minutes, name called, aisle seat, no one next to me (727), about as good as coach gets. They pulled someone who had asked about an upgrade from behind me in coach up to 1c--rare to see that happen.

Left on time, a few mins late into the madhouse known as Hartsfield. (I know why I like UA or AA out of here--terminal gates are really easy)!

Painless, cheap trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.