Wiki Posts
Search

SCL - MIA - SCL

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 1999, 10:39 am
Original Member
Original Poster

SCL - MIA - SCL

I've always wanted to get around to posting a TR, but never gotten around to it. So, this is my first attempt:

Found out on Wed that I needed to be in Miami for a meeting on Friday. Booked SCL-MIA-SCL on UA, as usual. Check in at the airport was a non-event, and then retreated to the RCC. The RCC in SCL is very good, considering its size, with lots of munchies to eat and newspapers (even German ones- but no Zuercher Nachrichten [I think I just mangled the name, sorry, Rudi]).

As UA has been running very light loads on this flight lately, I ask for a middle row to be blocked off (yes, I fly coach ). I've pretty much mastered the art of "sleeping" in coach, but end up feeling like a rotiserie chicken, rolling over every 20 minutes, to keep from having important parts of my body die from lack of circulation. It finally dawned on me to start asking for a seat belt extension (the one they do the safety briefing with). This makes all the difference in the world, as I can roll over without having to re-adjust the belt each time.

Anyway,I skipped dinner, and after about 7 hours of shut-eye, we're almost in Miami. At Immigration, went staight to the INSPASS lane, only to find out it was broken. The agent at the counter behind the machine scanned my card and I was through in about 30 seconds. Luggage retrieval was pretty quick as well.

As I was in Miami only for the day, it didn't make a whole lot of sense to get a hotel. On the other hand, after 8 hours on the plane, I could certainly use a shower. Turns out the there is a hotel inside MIA, with a health club up on the 8th floor. For $8 I bought a day membership, had a jog and then a nice hot shower.

The return to SCL that night was just as uneventful. Slept even longer, as the FA had to wake me up on approach.

Sorry to ramble on like this.
Old Jul 5, 1999, 11:29 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

No rambling, Thanks!
Old Jul 5, 1999, 11:54 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
thank you, specially for the health club tip in MIA
(Neue Zürcher Zeitung)

[This message has been edited by Rudi (edited 07-05-1999).]
Old Jul 20, 1999, 9:33 am

Jim_B re: your comments on the RCC at SCL - it is, by far, the nicest RCC I've ever been to. Great atmosphere, not crowded, pleasant staff, lots of goodies, etc. etc. (great washrooms, too!)
Old Jul 20, 1999, 10:07 am
Original Member

and the Pisco Sours are great!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.