Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

The wife's MCO-ATL (I TOLD her not to fly DL)

Old Jun 28, 1999, 7:32 am
Original Poster

I'm so very glad that I quit flying DL several years ago. Hearing about my wife's experience yesterday only reconfirms that decision.

She left the house at 11 AM for a 1 PM flight. Arrived MCO at 11:30. Carrying on bags so as not to get waylaid by the carousel from hell in ATL. To the gate she goes; presumably in plenty of time to find a better seat than 24E on an L1011. H class fare and DL don't care. In the middle she goes. No overhead lights/air. Plane leaves 45 minutes late; finally the beverage cart comes around. Choice of: warm water or cranberry juice. No beer. No Pepsi. No nutz.

Arrives ATL, goes on the 3 mile hike to the door and finally outside. 5 PM she arrives at her hotel. I could've left at the same time she did, driving, and still beat her there!

Stay tooned for the ATL-MCO return.

Cheers,

'toad
Old Jun 29, 1999, 7:46 am
Original Member

ah those lovely flying greyhound busses of the air--can any aircraft be less pleasant in coach than a Delta L-1011. BTW--why do I always smell Kerosene fumes on the ground when I am sitting on an L1011--I don't notice them on other planes.

jl

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.