DCA Trip & 2 honest people

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 1999, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL-MM/FC/FO AA-EXP/MM Starwood-Platinum Marriott-Platinum Hilton-Gold Hyatt-Diamond

Went to Washington, DC for an extra long weekend. Stayed at the Holiday Inn Bethesda. I arrived at 10:30AM and was not able to check in as there were no clean rooms. I had my credit card in hand at the front desk when I was told this. I rolled my small carry-on back to the bellstand to store it while I went visiting DC. At dinner I went to pull out my credit card and it wasnt in my wallet. Hmmm.. I rememberd what I had done and figured I had dropped it inside my bag as I had opened it to get something.

I arrived back at the hotel and my card was taped to the inside of the front desk. The clerk said the bellperson had found it on the floor and had turned it in after having a nice lunch at a local watering hole j/k

The bellperson refused a tip.

Two days later I cashed a check at the front desk. When I got to the metro station I realized I had been shortchanged. I called the hotel and spoke to the clerk. She said, your right. I will leave the money for you at the desk in an envelope right where your credit card was on Thursday. When I arrived back that night there was no envelope. The desk clerk phoned the other staff person at home but there was no answer. I told him I would take care of it in the morning. When I got to my room I found an envelope containing the money on my pillow.

She was off the next day when I checked out so I could not thank her.

TW
Old Jun 24, 1999, 4:23 pm
Original Member

Nice people
Old Jun 24, 1999, 4:58 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Heartwarming to hear - should happen more often!
Old Jun 25, 1999, 7:14 am
geo1004

Ahhh. There is hope for society after all. Nice to hear.

[This message has been edited by geo1004 (edited 06-25-1999).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.