Wiki Posts
Search

BOS-LAX-IAD-BOS on UA (so far)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 1999, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, UA Premier Exec, Starwood Gold, Marriott Silver
BOS-LAX-IAD-BOS on UA (so far)

This is a trip report in progress from the RCC at IAD...

Friday I was supposed to fly BOS-IAD-LAX for my double miles, but that just wasn't in the cards. Got to BOS, only to find out about weather delays at IAD with a full ground stop. Ugh! I waited for about 1.5 hours hoping the weather would clear but no dice. Since no one seemed to know anything, decided to eat the double miles and fly direct. I had already been cleared for 1st class upgrade from IAD-LAX but in changing flights, was waiting on pins & needles on the BOS-LAX & got it! I really wanted to fly 1st on my first trans-con flight!

The flight was pretty bumpy for the first 2 hours, sloshing my wine on the tray & on me. Thanks now to Rudi/Matt for the info on the button hole in the napkin, which kept my shirt from getting a red wine stain! Dinner was rather disappointing for UA first, but it was edible. Absolutely LOVED the Ben & Jerry's sundae & chocolate-chip cookie w/ milk before landing. YUM!

Weekend was a lot of fun. Stayed at the Hyatt Long Beach which was pretty nice, typical Hyatt fare & got over to the Shoreline shopping area that folks suggested. There was a really good Mexican restaurant there w/ a salsa bar! Highly recommended! Had fun at the Collectables Expo & left some of my $$$ in Long Beach Wanted to hook up w/ newself, but it didn't happen this time, way too busy & tired. Gives me a reason to go back to LA!

Today, I flew coach on a 747-400 (my first time on one) which was pretty nice even for coach! Since the middle seat was blocked, it was not too bad. However, my flight was delayed about 45 mins. since it came in from Sydney, the problem was that was the exact length of my connection time to BOS! Needless to say, I arrived, saw my flight was gone & right to RCC (This membership is paying for itself in spades! My sanity is worth it! ) Turns out next 2 flights to BOS are completely booked, so I book the next available & go standby for the next flight only to be told that there are delays in BOS due to flow control!

So, here I am, hoping that my scheduled flight is on time. This IAD RCC by C7 is great! Even better than the one I've been in at ORD. I'm probably going to be in here more since I'm going through IAD for the next month. (Gotta have those double miles!)

Hope everyone else had a nice weekend too! Wish me luck!

------------------
Regards,
- Anna

Old Apr 26, 1999, 6:58 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Good luck--the RCC may be good but it's not so good that you want to spend any more time than you have to.
Old Apr 26, 1999, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In addition to the "button-hole" on the napkin, the FAs have a little trick to reduce the sloshing of your red wine during turbulance. Drop a couple of "logo" swizzle sticks (not the cheapie straw type) upside down...large logo end in the bottom of the glass...and presto! It really reduces the sloshing by breaking up the increasing "waves" in the glass. Of course, in really bad turbulance, you can pretty much expect to wear it no matter what, but it does help.

Hope you make it out of there before they close the RCC!

[This message has been edited by PremEx (edited 04-26-99).]
Old Apr 26, 1999, 9:23 pm
In Memoriam: Original Member

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
Hi Anna,

I am glad that you enjoyed yourself in Sunny Long Beach, SoCal! I am sorry that we didn't get to meet but we'll just have to try again sometime soon! I am sory about your flights (I was delayed in Pittsburgh myself), but I am glad that you had a great time while here.

Dave
Old Apr 27, 1999, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, UA Premier Exec, Starwood Gold, Marriott Silver
And as some stories end...They lived happily ever after! (well, o.k. happy for now! )

I did make it on to my scheduled flight which left relatively on time and fairly uneventful.

newself: Was trying to send you a personal email to express my apologies prior to my post, but my mailbox was kind of clogged with a large file so it didn't send.

PremEx: Thanks for that tip, I'll have to remember that one for next time.

It's nice to have my first trip report well received, thanks!

------------------
Regards,
- Anna

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.