Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Trip Report EWR-IAD-MSY-ORD-EWR (Part 1)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 1999, 10:23 pm
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

Separating this into Departing and returning (and see MileKing! It's on the travel report area)

4-01: wait about five minutes to get to counter because epople beforehand are angry they are not getting upgrades. I go up, mention I'm going to Nawlins and the clerk starts asking me about hotels and restaurants and sites. SHE FORGOT TO ASK ME THE SECURITY QUESIONS!!! I was also floored that my IAD-MSY upgrade cleared-- no coupons needed.

The EWR-IAD flight was in the Canadaair 320 mini jets. Like that I have a little bit more room around the seat and a little bit more headroom... every time I got in those *&^%*&^ little planes I hit my head and saw ME-0UCH.
Another nice touch: they served the pretzels and PEPPERIDGE FARMS CHEDDAR GOLDFISH FOR SNACK. I love GOLDFISH and would prefer to have them as snack than pretzels (So U-A must be listening to one of my heroes, MATT WALD.)

IAD-MSY: an excruciatingly long delay because 1. the plane was stuck in bad weather and 2. it took forever to clean and secure the plane. The flight was overbooked and U-A offered $400 to get off. I passed, if only not to face the wrath of my dear friend HOlly (It was her birthday weekend.)

After an 1 hr, 15 minute delay (during which I said almost loud enough that for every 15 minutes of delay M-P members should get 500 miles and got nice appaluse!) We got on the tarmac and sat there for another 45 minutes.

They did NOT:
1. Take coats.
2. Serve pre-boarding drinks.
3. the Gate agent almost sent me back when they asked first class to board -- he asked me for my U-A PremEx card even though I had a first class ticket!

We take off (FINALLY, no drinks yet) and the F-A hands out little pieces of paper saying "My name is So-and-so (don't give names) and please fill in your drink and meal choice -- we got menus.)

That was wierd. In fact, Since I was in back, they served row by row, not status (and i noticed some Premier's in the front rows getting meal choices before me, a PremEx and a 1k in the back of first on the toher side.)

Got my meal choice to my surprise... nice fish, nothing as good as COmmander's Palace or Delmonico in NAWLINS but good. F-A spilled the beer the first serving and gave me the Becks to open myself afterwards.

Nice to get on the ground, surprisingly only 35 minutes late. Pilot must have taken a short cut.

Cab to Dauphine Orleans. Nice hotel, would have preferred a place to get more miles but charged on an airline affinite card.

MIleCrazy joins us for one night. A terrific guy, great time DETAILS IRRELEVENT TO THIS BOARD>

THE RETURN TRIP TO FOLLOW>

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.