Wiki Posts
Search

Trip Report: EWR-BOS-EWR

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 1999, 8:34 pm
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

Trip Report: EWR-BOS-EWR

NJDavid: If you want to make corrections or fill in the blanks go right ahead.

THE FOLLOWING OPINIONS ARE FROM THE MIND OF CATMAN AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF FREQUENT FLYERS EVERYWHERE.

3-21: Dave waits for me and we go to the President's Club (EWR) where after a bit of a delay and the agent checking tickets and I-Ds, etc I got a very nice surprise when Dave got me AN UPGRADE TO FIRST CLASS!!! WHEE! I contained my emotions of course, but that was better than winning an Oscar!

Thank you Dave for your efforts!

The flight to Boston was generally unevental except that there were a few open seats in First (it was not a full flight -- probably increasing my chances of an upgrade.) But I like the service and the seats (I could have used first class flying to LAS last November: the crabby Romeo and Juliet next to me... and the flight back with Generation X around me!)

We got in about five minutes early but had to wait for the gate door to get pulled in.

3-22: Going back, flight was full but NJDavid must have a magical touch: I got UPGRADED going back!!! This time I let out a quiet YEAH! Again, thanks Dave.

Nice to be in a first class seat because the flight took offa bout 10 minutes late: last minute passengers getting on and trying to find luggage space... then Three lucky people: a young guy and a mom & dad got their upgrades to first. I switched seats with the MOM to let her sit next ot her daughter.

We also had a flight attendant trainee who probably is not a "drinker:" she did not know what C&C & Jack Daniels and other drinks were... (I did not know most alcohol until my mid 20's!

A few of the first class passengers including the man next to me were getting mad that the poor F-A could not get drinks right or bring the right drink (I ordered a Petes Wicked Ale: she did not know the beer selection. I did not care, I could sense she was new.)

Flight delayed 35 minutes because of stormy weather. The flight attendants said all the flights out of EWR would be delayed because of the rain & wind. Yet when Dave, Helen & I got off the plane they announced the plane was ready to board! (What is this: SouthWest?)

------------------
CATMAN
Old Mar 22, 1999, 11:32 am

Programs: AA Gold, UA Premier Exec, Starwood Gold, Marriott Silver
Mr. Cat:

You must either live in an alternate-parallel universe, timewise, or I drank much more than I thought over the weekend, but my memory tells me you would've flown in 3/20 (the day of the dinner) and left 3/21 (the day of the Oscars)!

Anyway, I had a ball!

------------------

Regards,
- Anna

Old Mar 22, 1999, 1:12 pm
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

ANNA: I am HORRIBLe at numbers in any form! (dates, calculus, word problems, simple checkbook addition, etc) And sometimes when I post every late before going off to earn frequent sleeping miles I can put the wrong dates on boards.

So the Oscars did happen 3-21 and I disagree with one of the winners (if anyone wants to know more... e-mail me!) and the wonderful Flyertalk get together happened 3-20.

Although I sometimes feel like I live in my own universe which is fun!

OMNI: It was great to meet you and I"m glad you are on the boards! Thanks for the correction!

------------------
CATMAN

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.