Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

The smallest business lounges?

The smallest business lounges?

Old Aug 3, 16, 9:17 pm

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
From my memory, the lounge at RGN (Rangoon) was pretty tiny...at least a few years ago when travel was a little more rare than it is now....
Old Aug 5, 16, 11:08 am

Programs: DL DM
I know the Skyteam lounge in one of the terminals at TXL is pretty tiny.
Old Aug 5, 16, 11:23 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Gold, GE
BA ORD F lounge, maybe not the absolute smallest, but does have a very strong correlation between its size and offerings. The J lounge is better by quite a wide margin.
Old Aug 5, 16, 5:20 pm

Thai Royal Orchid Lounge in Chiang Rai is the smallest I have been to. Seats maybe 8-10 people, it really is tiny.
Old Aug 7, 16, 8:02 am

Programs: Virgin FC, Qantas, Golden Circle, Sofitel, Hyatt, Starwood, Nectar, and my Tesco Club Card
Originally Posted by view View Post
Thai Royal Orchid Lounge in Chiang Rai is the smallest I have been to. Seats maybe 8-10 people, it really is tiny.
That makes 2 nominations!
Old Aug 7, 16, 12:18 pm
brg

Trip to Luxor Egypt

We had a lounge in Cairo that was 200 sq ft at best on the side of a walkway
The agent took half an hour to verify all our United Premier status cards
And all we had there was some juice and slightly better air conditioning

If that was bad, the return was worse
The "lounge" in Luxor was nonexstent and consisted of going to the shop sittng in 2 chairs for a free sandwich
Old Aug 7, 16, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: RJ Emerald
Originally Posted by brg View Post
Trip to Luxor Egypt

We had a lounge in Cairo that was 200 sq ft at best on the side of a walkway
The agent took half an hour to verify all our United Premier status cards
And all we had there was some juice and slightly better air conditioning

If that was bad, the return was worse
The "lounge" in Luxor was nonexistent and consisted of going to the shop sitting in 2 chairs for a free sandwich
I would not include the LXR "lounge" here,because it's not actually a lounge. Many airlines issue food/beverage vouchers at smaller outstations,as it's not worthwhile to build and operate a lounge.Vouchers often offer much more value for a pax,than a small lounge with very few amenities.

As an example BA offers vouchers in RTM and INN for eligible pax. As a Star Gold I was also handed a voucher valid for ONE drink when flying HRG-CAI on MS,so a sandwich offer in LXR is generous I suppose. By the way in many airport a J/Elite pax would get nothing. LCY is a good example.

Thanks everyone for contributions,very interesting,I googled reviews for each of these lounges. That said they all appear much bigger than the one in ANE and offer more amenities/ F&B then AMM domestic.
Old Aug 8, 16, 4:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK, DL, IHG Spire, HHonours Gold, Hertz Presidents Club
The HUY servisair lounge is about as small as they come. about 10 chairs, 3 tables double sided fridge and a service desk, plus small toilets. Will have to take a picture next time.
Old Aug 12, 16, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; SPGPlat; PCPlat/Amb; HiltonDiamond; CarlsonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesGold
The AC Maple Leaf Lounge at YQR (Regina) is slightly larger than a broom closet...about 15'x20', self service accessed with a keycode given at the check-in counter.

I also recall a similarly tiny lounge at Fiji International operated by CPAir back in the days when its DC10s stopped to refuel between AKL/SYD and HNL. (Actually don't think it was as much a refueling stop as an opportunity to have us roam the Duty Free shop, back in the 80s offering the best prices in the world, though passengers were also dropped off and picked up from this vacation paradise before the revolution.)
Old Feb 22, 17, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: RJ Emerald
Came across the reviews of this lounge in Podgorica,Montenegro (TGD).

Seating capacity-20 people. Each pax is entitled to a cup of coffee,which will be brought to them by the lounge dragon (whose desk is actually outside the lounge).

Source:http://www.cariverga.com/review-business-lounge-tgd/
Attached Images    
Old Feb 22, 17, 3:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA GM, AA GM, DL GM
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer View Post
That's the new lounge, which is several times larger than the old lounge.
Indeed.
Old lounge:

New lounge:

(As an off-topic side note, I miss the old "gate" area at RAR. Best "in-terminal" views ever!)

Last edited by UA1K_no_more; Feb 22, 17 at 3:27 pm

Search this Thread