FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trip Reports (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports-177/)
-   -   Welcome and farewell - changes to the TR moderator team (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports/1774250-welcome-farewell-changes-tr-moderator-team.html)

Moomba Jun 24, 2016 1:52 pm

Welcome and farewell - changes to the TR moderator team

It is with regret that I have to announce that the intrepid matthandy has decided to resign as moderator of the Trip Report forum. I would like to thank matthandy for the hard work and dedication to this forum he has put in over the last three years.

However it is not all bad news and I would like to welcome the equally intrepid madone59 as your new Trip Report moderator. madone59 has written some great reports from the pointy end of aircraft and I am sure will be an admirable replacement for matthandy.

There will be a handover period whilst madone59 is in training. Please treat him gently, we don't want to scare him off. ;)

stu1985 Jun 25, 2016 4:29 am

Welcome madone59! When's your first TR in an official capacity?! ;)

SFflyer123 Jun 25, 2016 1:59 pm

Welcome!

Welcome, Madone! Look forward to having you!

By the way, your photography is fantastic. Can I ask what camera you use?

Non-NonRev Jun 25, 2016 2:28 pm

Thanks to matthandy for his service. I had to contact him one time, and he was the model of respect and informative to boot! ^

Welcome to madone59. Your commitment of time and willingness to help is greatly appreciated.

TOMFORD Jun 25, 2016 2:32 pm

Welcome bud! I personally will do my best, without getting banned, to require you to spend as much time as possible on the TR board.

AvidFlyer1990 Jun 26, 2016 9:12 am

Welcome madone59! Thank you so much for your service, matthandy!!

Madone59 Jun 28, 2016 9:53 am

Thank you all. I am looking forward to it.

Originally Posted by stu1985 (Post 26828546)
Welcome madone59! When's your first TR in an official capacity?! ;)

Thank you. November 11th will be my next TR. I got my buddy Sean and I a pair of those super cheap AA biz fares to Panama and back.

Originally Posted by SFflyer123 (Post 26830320)
Welcome, Madone! Look forward to having you!

By the way, your photography is fantastic. Can I ask what camera you use?

Thank you. I used a Samsung Galaxy NX110 for Beijing, The Masters, and switched to a Galexy NX30 for US Open 2015, Shanghai and the foreseeable future. My older TR's like Thailand 1 & 2, and Italy were with a "The" Samsung Galaxy Camera which is a non SLR point and shoot.

lamphs Jun 28, 2016 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990 (Post 26832806)
Welcome madone59! Thank you so much for your service, matthandy!!

^^

CMK10 Jun 29, 2016 9:37 pm

Well I'm certainly sorry to be losing Matt, but as we're gaining someone equally amazing, I know this forum will remain one of the best parts of Flyertalk. So thank you to matthandy and welcome to madone59

BA5E Jun 30, 2016 4:27 am

sorry to see you go Matt, but am sure we will be in very capable hands with madone59, and look forward to the TRs:D^

Seat 2A Jul 1, 2016 10:32 am

Many thanks and happy contrails to matthandy. I expect we'll still see a bit of him around these parts. Welcome to madone59 and all the best to you in your new role! ^^

Zooter Jul 7, 2016 10:07 am

Thank you for your service matthandy.

aidy Jul 11, 2016 4:31 am

Thanks for everything matthandy and welcome madone59

adampenrith Jul 11, 2016 10:04 am

Thanks to Matthandy for his awesome work - and I hope to read more of his great TR in months to come.

Welcome to the newbie - may he continue in the fine manner that this forum has been moderated in the past ...

matthandy Jul 13, 2016 12:50 am

Thank you for your kind comments everyone. I leave you in the capable hands of Moomba and Madone59.

KARFA Jul 17, 2016 9:18 am

Thanks for all the time you have put in to being a moderator matthandy, often a thankless task on FT. Enjoy your retirement!

Good luck to our new overlord Madone59 ;)

flatlander Jul 20, 2016 10:08 am

Welcome to Madone59 and many thanks to matthandy, I appreciate (from personal experience) how hard work it is to moderate any online forum and how little recognition there often is of the effort it takes!

mike&co Jul 24, 2016 8:34 am

Welcome Madone59 - big boots to fill but I'm sure you will be up to the challenge ;). Matthandy will be greatly missed.

aks120 Aug 7, 2016 12:50 am

I can't believe I missed this! matthandy I am sorry to see you go as you did a great job on this forum.

Hopefully we can catch up soon :D

Welcome Madone59 - this is one of my favourites places on FT to spend a few hours going through TRs.

Regards

Aks120

onobond Aug 9, 2016 1:43 am

Chiming in to welcome madone59 and thanking matthandy for a good job.

Although not moderating, we all hope to see you coming back with more entertaining TRs

worldtraveller73 Aug 16, 2016 9:18 pm

Thanks for your service matthandy!! We will be sorry to see you go.