Search

Trip To Kathmandu Nepal on EY A380 Apartment, QR A380 F and BA C

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2016, 6:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
Trip To Kathmandu Nepal on EY A380 Apartment, QR A380 F and BA C

Introduction

We had enough miles on AA to fly in F class from Europe to the Middle East and Indian Sub continent (for 80k miles return) so last December, Mike and I booked a trip from Stockholm to Kathmandu. There are not many countries we haven't visited in Asia (well at least the countries that are safe to travel to) so Nepal became an easy choice. Also, we are sending a group here in September organized by our new partner (a Swedish lady) so it was also timely. She informed us that we were offered 4 nights free accommodation by the owner of the resort where our group would stay plus the fifth night by another hotel. We are now staying at Chhahari Resort which is a family owned resort a few minutes drive from the town proper up in the hill with a great view of the city. The owner is a very nice man belonging to the Sherpa folk group and has his own farm growing organic vegetables which is really great. He also has organic coffee perfect for breakfast!

Last edited by thefilipinotraveler; Jun 4, 2016 at 1:17 am
Old May 28, 2016, 8:13 am
Original Poster

Day 1, May 25, 2016

BA business class Stockholm to LHR
There was a choice between warm and cold bfast and I chose the former which was very good.

Flight went well, and after taking the bus from LHR T5 to T4, we headed to the Etihad Airways F and C Lounge

Main course, beef from the ala carte menu at Etihad Airways F and C class lounge, LHR

Last edited by thefilipinotraveler; Jun 9, 2016 at 12:40 pm
Old May 28, 2016, 8:17 am
Original Poster

I also had a complimentary facial done by nelly, a very nice lady from Bulgaria. I also asked the receptionist when the new F Lounge at Abu Dhabi would open and the last time they heard, it would be May 31.

Etihad A380 Apartments 3A and 4A. Loved these adjoining beds Just like my first and second flights on F Apartment, the food, service and the apartment is simply unbeatable

Last edited by thefilipinotraveler; Jun 2, 2016 at 12:10 pm
Old May 28, 2016, 8:24 am
Original Poster

A very good starter of green pea

The inflight Chef, Chef Graham suggested the Chef's specialty and both Mike and i enjoyed it (chicken)

Etihad Airways, The Lobby

We were so glad to have Samea from Sweden (as she was just as happy to meet us) as one of the flight attendants in the F cabin. The residence was not occupied however the f cabin was full. She said there is an Arabic family flying, half of it flying in F and the other half in C

Last edited by thefilipinotraveler; Jun 2, 2016 at 12:40 pm
Old May 28, 2016, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Etihad A380 apartment 3A, my seat
The soon to be launched new f class of Emirates and SQ would definitely be on my list of flights to take but until then, EY's A380 Apartment is simply the most luxurious first class in the sky. We arrived around 1am at Abu Dhabi Airport T3 and made our way to the transfer desk to get our QR boarding passes.

Day 2: May 26, 2016

The Al Dhabi Lounge, Abu Dhabi Airport T1

Honestly, I prefer the newly renovated Al Reem Lounge which we used last year when flying in economy class on Etihad than this lounge.

Last edited by thefilipinotraveler; Jun 3, 2016 at 9:37 am
Old May 28, 2016, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Our flight to Doha departs at 5:50 so we headed to the gate arnd 5am. Flight was very short and I salute all the crew on such flight for always doing a great job on such a short flight. The meal we had was okay

Last edited by thefilipinotraveler; Jun 3, 2016 at 9:38 am
Old May 28, 2016, 8:56 am
Original Poster

The Al Mourjan Lounge: We had enough time to shower and had some snacks as our flight to Kathmandu was to depart at 8:35. The wifi was very slow on that day, unfortunately.

Qatar Airways Business class cabin on the A330 bound for Kathmandu

Last edited by thefilipinotraveler; Jun 3, 2016 at 9:40 am
Old May 28, 2016, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Mike did not eat anything at the Al Mourjan Lounge since we thought they would serve lunch or something as the arrival time was at 3:55pm in Kathmandu. Instead there was just breakfast. Still, the meal was very satisfying and more than enough that there was nothing wrong giving bfast service on this flight. also, the seats altho not fully flat are wide and very comfortable that we had a good rest right after the meal service. Mike told me that the pilots flying to Kathmandu have special training since its a much difficult route. We landed at 3:35 at Kathmandu and was met by our Swedish partner at the arrivals hall.

Last edited by thefilipinotraveler; Jun 3, 2016 at 9:40 am
Old May 28, 2016, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Arriving at Kathmandu Airport

Welcome sign just before leaving the Airport

Last edited by thefilipinotraveler; Jun 3, 2016 at 9:41 am
Old May 28, 2016, 9:11 am
Original Poster

The drive to Chhahari Lodge from the airport was abt 30 minutes and we were met by Mingma, a very nice man and owner of the resort. The name of the resort actually means "shade" in Tibetan. We also met his wife and other family members who were all very nice. Needless to say, they are taking care of us here in a way that we are like their own family.

Around 7pm, we came to the resorts restaurant and had the Nepalese meal: Thali..I loved the chicken curry (kukura) which was very tasty and not spicy

Last edited by thefilipinotraveler; Jun 3, 2016 at 9:44 am
Old May 28, 2016, 10:53 pm
Original Poster

Day 3: May 27, 2016

The Sadhus of Nepal. We had to ask first if we could take pictures and they agreed but with a little help so we gave a dollar which is normal.

Pashaputinath Temple is considered as one of the holiest places among Hindu people. The ceremony we witnessed was much like the ones the have in Varanasi where the body gets cremated.

Last edited by thefilipinotraveler; Jun 3, 2016 at 9:45 am
Old May 28, 2016, 10:56 pm
Original Poster

Burial Cerremony

Lovely colors for painting and for blessing

Last edited by thefilipinotraveler; Jun 3, 2016 at 9:47 am
Old May 30, 2016, 9:22 am
Original Poster

A lady washing the clothes

A lady and her wheat

The seniors playing cards

Last edited by thefilipinotraveler; Jun 3, 2016 at 9:48 am
Old May 30, 2016, 9:25 am
Original Poster

After visiting Pashupatinath Temple and another Hindu Temple, we continued our day trip to Bhaktapur, famous for its wood carving.

The famous Peacock window in the Bhaktapur's Woodcarving Museum. No nails nor glue were used here.

Last edited by thefilipinotraveler; Jun 3, 2016 at 9:49 am
Old May 30, 2016, 9:28 am
Original Poster

This restaurant with its terrace is the perfect place to dine. We had our lunch here and had a great view of Taumadi Square.

Last edited by thefilipinotraveler; Jun 3, 2016 at 9:50 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.