Wiki Posts
Search

AC Inaugural Vancouver to San Jose May 9, 2016

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2016, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

AC Inaugural Vancouver to San Jose May 9, 2016

Hi all,

I flew an Air Canada's inaugural flight from Vancouver to San Jose, CA last Monday. Well technically it was a resumption of service between YVR and SJC, but since the official word is "inaugural," and I will stick with it.

I don't plan to write much and here is a link to the photo album! It includes my earlier ride from Kelowna to Vancouver on Jazz.

http://s1213.photobucket.com/user/Ca...May%209%202016

I was not expecting a big party, but Air Canada did a decent job in planning for a nice inaugural reception at the gate in both ends. Vancouver got a bit more attention with a breakfast buffet including some lovely breakfast wraps, bottled waters, coffee, and bottles of Naked juices. Very impressive spread! There is a Ping Pong table set up too - not sure what is the theme here! There is a DJ booth featuring some lively music. There was the usual talks by AC and YVR authority, and then a ribbon cutting ceremony with crews and staffs from AC and YVR. They also sang a "Happy Birthday" to one of the fellow passengers, who was celebrating his birthday this morning too. There is a small gift, which is a California themed notebook. It will be nice to get an AC related gift but it is more than I expected.

Name:  AUXK2409_zpseyxfi2hr.jpg
Views: 1652
Size:  275.8 KB
Name:  OEFX4543_zps7qzqv8v9.jpg
Views: 1618
Size:  380.7 KB
Name:  XVFC5397_zpsymmhoete.jpg
Views: 1609
Size:  303.7 KB

The CRJ-700 is a bit dated but WIFI is available on this particular plane. I love the solo throne seats in Y, 12A. But to give AC credits, there are personal TV on each seat, along with USB drive and power outlets.

Name:  WRYX0617_zpsykfzlhif.jpg
Views: 1598
Size:  219.8 KB
Name:  GYIL6463_zpsqwjrimo7.jpg
Views: 1583
Size:  278.5 KB
Name:  APKF0342_zpseulelr1o.jpg
Views: 1608
Size:  269.4 KB

When I did online check in the day before, I tried to see how much an upgrade would cost. It was $239CAD, which was too much. The J cabin ended up having only two passengers, and I am sure if the upgrade costs are within $100CAD, they will have more takers. Anyway, it is a short two hours flight anyway.

On arrival, we got some warm receptions too. SJC airport passed out a small gift with maps, sun-glasses, and booklets to arriving passengers too. The turnaround time was quick, so most of the ceremonies before our arrival. There was a smaller reception here at SJC and they only got some dessert items and beverages too. After ribbon cutting, they started boarding. I managed to snap the pictures of the plane departing. I love how they waved.

Name:  WGWO2419_zps5c4rve4w.jpg
Views: 1606
Size:  291.2 KB
Name:  DAHG9770_zpsljgsulrg.jpg
Views: 1682
Size:  212.7 KB

Nothing overly crazy here, but a nice inaugural ceremony! Congrats to Air Canada and San Jose! Given that the flight was full in Y on the inaugural flights, it looked very promising.

Carfield
Old May 18, 2016, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Not bad for such a short flight!
Old May 18, 2016, 3:15 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Really cool you got on the inaugural flight!
Old May 19, 2016, 4:00 pm

It almost looks like those are iPhones they're handing out there, although I'm not sure what else it would be.
Old May 19, 2016, 9:29 pm

Programs: FT
Nice. Ping pong table. Perhaps analogy for how AC tries to pass off problems to one and then shoot it back to another. What a stupid gimmick.
Old May 20, 2016, 2:22 am
Original Poster

Thanks for all your comments!

The iPhones look alike objects are actually cookies. They were featured in the buffet and the staffs were passing them out during boarding too.

Honestly for CRJ-700 flight, AC does a pretty good job with IFE, power outlets and WIFI.

Carfield
Old May 20, 2016, 9:03 am
Suspended

Programs: UA GM, AA GM, DL GM
Originally Posted by mkjr
Nice. Ping pong table. Perhaps analogy for how AC tries to pass off problems to one and then shoot it back to another. What a stupid gimmick.
Silicon Valley = ping pong.
Ping pong table sales going down => things are not going great in Silicon Valley.
http://www.wsj.com/articles/is-the-t...wer-1462286089
Old May 20, 2016, 12:37 pm

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by UA1K_no_more
Silicon Valley = ping pong.
Ping pong table sales going down => things are not going great in Silicon Valley.
http://www.wsj.com/articles/is-the-t...wer-1462286089
well when AC marketing picks up on anything, the trend has usually jumped the shark.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.